is it normal to have no idea...

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Melissa&Todd

• 32 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:24 PM

Hi girls, Normally i creep the boards and have been inspired by so many of you! you ladies have so many great ideas and seem to know what you want for your wedding, including your dresses.

My question (and panic is) Is it normal to have no clue what kind of dress to wear

and are there any tricks or advice you could give me to maybe get an idea.
    Unlike most .. I never pictured my wedding as a young girl growing up... But now that i met the man of my dreams..i cant stop picturing it

#2 *Linds*

• 5,776 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:37 PM

The best way I've found to find the right dress is to try on a bunch of very different styles and narrow it down to a couple of styles you like and that flatter your body. After that, start researching online finding dresses that are the style you chose and that are visually appealing to you and start trying those on...it will slowly start to narrow things down for you! Best of luck!
      Loving married life! <3

#3 *Nadine*

• 5,466 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:39 PM

I think its completely normal! I agree with Sammysgirl, the only way to find out what you want or like is to go try a ton on. Also look at the kind of dresses you typically wear and that will give you an idea to the type of style you like and that looks good on you.
        My wedding is in less than 2 months, I have been engaged for 1.5 years and I STILL dont know what I want for flowers or colors or anything.. so trust me, you arent the only one!

#4 snoopAsh

• 400 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 12:47 PM

I also agree with the girls! Just go and try some on. You will know what will work for you! :)

Also, Its okay to look at a bunch of different places. You will find the one that will be perfect for you.

Good luck and keep us posted on your dress search!
          May 29, 2010
          Cancun, Mexico

#5 IMPPEARL

• 336 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 01:50 PM

I totally agree, it normal. And those of us who thought they knew what thay wanted ended up with something completely different any way. lol Just go try some on, and you'll find one you love!
            Need an Amazing Photographer? Phil Steingard and his colleagues are great!http://www.steingardstudios.com/

#6 wemkulaf

• 190 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 01:52 PM

I was the same way, but just went to a couple of stores and started trying on dresses I like on the hanger and then started to narrow the style down from there. Also if you go to a store that has a good consultant or sales person, they often bring dresses they thing may look good on you. Be open to those ideas, cause that is how i found the perfect dress.

#7 autjo

• 2,182 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 02:21 PM

Yep it's normal. Go try on a bunch of dresses, even ones you may not like. You will be surprised what you may actually want for your dress. Have fun :)

#8 super19

• 1,123 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 02:31 PM

I had no idea what I wanted and it drove me crazy. The girls are right just go and try on a bunch of different styles. Let the salesperson make a few recommendations that may work for your body type, you may be pleasantly surprised!

I ended up buying a dress that I would have never picked out on my own and I love it. You'll know it when you find the one.

Good luck.

#9 carolina24

• 1,573 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 03:03 PM

I always thought we'd get married in a big cathedral with the gorgeous princess dress (typical girl dreams). When we decided on Cancun, I was kind of scared b/c my dream dress wouldn't work. I think seeing the venue really helped me narrow down the type of dress I wanted. I would look at reviews for your venue and check out what the brides are wearing. It also helps a lot if you decide on the neckline (I always knew that I wanted strapless no matter what). Also think about how you want to feel that day...sexy, romantic, flowy, etc. I wanted all of those in one and finally found the perfect dress. here's a link: Zuri - by Maggie Sottero
                    good luck!! and it is true what they say--you'll just KNOW it's the dress!!

#10 TheFutureMrs.Sears

• 734 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 03:10 PM

The girls are right. Just try on different kinds of dresses and let your consultant show you what they think might look good on you.

Carolina24 your dress is gorgeous!!

52 booked + The Bride and Groom!!!
                      http://i69.photobuck....s/DSC02673.jpgMe and my Bridesmaids at my Bachelorette Party on a Roof Top with Manhattan in the background.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users