Photo

Honeymoon Photographer ????

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Jennyco116

Jennyco116
  • 115 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:24 AM

My fiancee and I have decided to hire a photographer for a day while on our honeymoon. We thought about engagement pictures but we have a gazillion candid pictures that we have taken over the years that we are using instead. We feel that being in Jamaica for our honeymoon will make for an amazing backdrop in such a romantic place with the beach, ocean and breath taking sunsets. Is anyone else doing this?

#2 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 09:59 AM

I think it's a great idea. Are you doing a TTD session? You don't always have to go in the ocean for those, many couples choose to do shots as you mentioned instead, and they are always fabulous

#3 O'Driscoll Photography

O'Driscoll Photography
      • 4,853 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:38 AM

Yes, that's a great idea! I recommend doing the session after you've been on your honeymoon a few days. So, if you're getting married on a Saturday, you could have the session on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Best wishes,
        Tod

#4 SandalGirl

SandalGirl
        • 109 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 02:14 AM

Sounds fun! Do you have a wedding photog? Could they do it for you for a better deal?
          March 4, 2010 ~ Mayan Riviera, Mexico
          http://robynplanningbio.weebly.com/

#5 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
          • 5,521 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 07:03 AM

I think its a great idea and I think quite a few people do this. We are doing a TTD shoot two days after the wedding. And if our photographers were allowed on property we would have them there for the day before, the day of and the day after the wedding capturing a bunch of stunning/candid shots! Have fun and good luck!

#6 **~Linda~**

**~Linda~**
            • 1,326 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 03:59 PM

No but that sounds like a great idea! I think it would be fab like the last days that your on your HM so you can really enjoy it and be relaxed

#7 SuzG

SuzG
              • 31 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 05:10 PM

We are wanting to do this as well, but I think ours will be a ttd session. We're getting married in Florida and are going on a HM somewhere after and want to do the pics at our HM destination. We are looking into photographers right now.

#8 frazali

frazali
                • 245 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 07:32 PM

Jenny, I think it's a great idea to professionally document the honeymoon - especially after all of the wedding festivities when it's finally just the two of you and you can relax!

#9 affiwin

affiwin
                  • 177 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 08:58 PM

I like the idea a LOT! Most of the HM photos I see are of the location, just the bride or just the groom and then a few shots together at dinner, lunch and such. Have a photographer document a part of your HM when it's just the two of you all relaxed would be fantastic.

#10 SgtPepperette

SgtPepperette
                    • 1,225 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 09:17 PM

We sort of did this. We did a TTD session 4 days after our wedding day. But the first hour or so was more of pictures of hubby and I, and than we did TTD. Im so excited to see them because we really had fun with it. We were so much more relaxed. We thought it was the most fun of the whole trip actually :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users