Jump to content

Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?


  • Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#761 a084596

a084596
  • Newbie
  • 58 posts

    Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:55 AM

    Does anyone in the Toronto Etobicoke Mississauga area know where I can buy tapered cork #7 for my message in a bottle invites?

    I am going to use the brava beer bottles - labels come off pretty easy.

    Also, where can I buy boxes inexpensive to put these bottles in to give to my guests.

    I'm thinking of using them for my shower.  They will be hand delivered.

    Also, anyone with any ideas for bridal shower beach theme and favours for the guests?

    Thanks everyone................



    #762 missy&eric2011

    missy&eric2011
    • Jr. Member
    • 267 posts

      Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:13 AM

      Do you ladies have any pictures of the hotel template/room number thing that you used?  How did you know where everyone was going to be?  I was under the impression that room assignments weren't given until you arrive...or is there a huge piece of this that i am completely missing!?

       

      Soontobemrsdow - Congratulations and Thank you so much for your review...can't wait for pics!  I do have one question for you though...what type of room did you have?  I know a lot of the packages state that the bride & groom get upgraded...but what type of room do they upgrade you to??

       



      #763 missy&eric2011

      missy&eric2011
      • Jr. Member
      • 267 posts

        Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:14 AM

        Thank you very much for your input lsmith211...that helps a lot! 

        Missy - I don' really think people are going to pay too much attention to the lyrics of the song - Plus, you'd have to listen really closely to determine that it isn't really father/daughter love, and even still, there is nothing actually creepy in there.  If it's meaningful to both you and your father I say go for it! 

         



        #764 mekanabr

        mekanabr
        • Member
        • 537 posts

          Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:53 AM

          Congrats Soontobemrsdow!!!!! (prob need to change your name to THEmrsdow :) )  hehe.  I am so happy to hear that your wedding day was so perfect!!!  and thanks for all the details in your review, they were very helpful.  How did your private reception work?  Did you have to pay extra for bar or food or anything like that?  I was all set on having our reception at the gazebo, but I am now worried that we might have too many people for the semi-private dinner.  Is the restaurant near the ocean?  That was my biggest thing about the gazebo was that I thought it would be so cool to be dancing by the sea...and now I'm worried that you won't get that Jamaica vibe at the restaurant.  I can't wait to see pics!!!

           

          missyanderic2011- ditto to what lsmith211 said!! :) 

           



          #765 lmarie

          lmarie
          • Jr. Member
          • 211 posts

            Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:23 AM


            Thanks for the tip, I am going to try some of this spray too!
             

            Originally Posted by akua420 



            Quote:
            Originally Posted by AshleyL 

             



            Waterproof spray? Where can I find this? That is awesome, I didn't know such a thing existed.


            http://www.skindinavia.com  Is where I got it from!  I just got the original 2 ounce bottle, its supposed to be amazing.  So heres to hoping!

             

            Aren't you SO EXCITED!!!  I can't wait!  Its sneaking up so fast its crazy. I decided I"m going to do my own make-up, so I went to Mac this weekend, got them to do me up and bought the whole lot, hahaha.  So at least my face is ready!  I'm getting butterflies thinking of it!!!  And so excited to get away from all this stupid snow.  Still need to find lingerie for the wedding night, and a white cocktail dress to change into, in case my dress is too hot.  I'm running out of time!!!

             

             

            And for the travel agent, I went through AMA, and she called the hotels to get prices, it was a little more then other places, I think in the end I paid $500 more then my relatives that didn't go through them, but quite frankly it was worth it having her do everything, so I didn't care too much about the $500 and I just wanted to lock in my prices.  We have a small group going, but I still qualified for a free upgraded room at our honeymoon resort, but thats abuot all I got free except for a bottle of wine from her, hahaha. 





            #766 tris

            tris
            • Member
            • 609 posts

              Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:04 AM

              MrsDow :)!!!

              I'm so glad everything went well! Other brides who I've spoken to all seem to agree that Beverly is super awesome and helpful once you get down there. Honestly I understand why it takes so long for emails to get returned. With how many weddings this lady does! Wow. She should have someone JUST to answer emails for her!

               

              We were originally going to book out one of the restaurants but since we're only expecting around 20 guests it seemed a little silly. If our group was as large as yours we would have no question. So you recommend bringing pictures down of cakes, etc, that we like? We're booking the steel drum band as well so I glad to hear from another bride that they were good ;)


              Married my best friend 04/28/11 at the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

              #767 soontobemrsdow

              soontobemrsdow
              • Jr. Member
              • 250 posts

                Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:54 AM



                 

                Thanks! I was thinking the same thing that I need to change my name but have nooo idea how to! lol.

                 

                So the private reception includes the restaurant for your guests, chair covers, table cloths, mic, podium & dj. The bar was extra. The same as if you rent the gazebo...$15pp. The dinner is already included in your wedding package so it really doesn't effect that. We ate the Italian and it's right on the ocean. I've tried before to upload pictures and it's never worked for me but I'll try to figure it out because I have some nice ones of where the Italian is located. The garden grill (the other option) is smack right in the middle of the resort by the pool area overlooking the garden area. If I can't figure out how to do the pics here once I add all my pics to facebook if any of you ladies want to add me I'll be more than happy to accept...just lemme know your from here!

                 

                Quote:

                Originally Posted by mekanabr 

                Congrats Soontobemrsdow!!!!! (prob need to change your name to THEmrsdow :) )  hehe.  I am so happy to hear that your wedding day was so perfect!!!  and thanks for all the details in your review, they were very helpful.  How did your private reception work?  Did you have to pay extra for bar or food or anything like that?  I was all set on having our reception at the gazebo, but I am now worried that we might have too many people for the semi-private dinner.  Is the restaurant near the ocean?  That was my biggest thing about the gazebo was that I thought it would be so cool to be dancing by the sea...and now I'm worried that you won't get that Jamaica vibe at the restaurant.  I can't wait to see pics!!!

                 

                missyanderic2011- ditto to what lsmith211 said!! :) 

                 



                 

                Hey Tris, thanks so much! Honestly she really is super once you are down there. She is everywhere all the time and when she does finally get a minute to herself her phone rings or someone else is looking for her. It's crazy how busy that woman is but she is always so delightful to be around with a big smile on her face! She really does need someone to answer all her emails because alsmot everytime I needed to speak to her I found her speaking to someone else and then by the time we were done speaking to her someone was waiting for her to finish with us!

                 

                Originally Posted by tris 

                MrsDow :)!!!

                I'm so glad everything went well! Other brides who I've spoken to all seem to agree that Beverly is super awesome and helpful once you get down there. Honestly I understand why it takes so long for emails to get returned. With how many weddings this lady does! Wow. She should have someone JUST to answer emails for her!

                 

                We were originally going to book out one of the restaurants but since we're only expecting around 20 guests it seemed a little silly. If our group was as large as yours we would have no question. So you recommend bringing pictures down of cakes, etc, that we like? We're booking the steel drum band as well so I glad to hear from another bride that they were good ;)



                 Hey Missy,

                 

                Heres the template I used

                Do you ladies have any pictures of the hotel template/room number thing that you used?  How did you know where everyone was going to be?  I was under the impression that room assignments weren't given until you arrive...or is there a huge piece of this that i am completely missing!?

                 

                Soontobemrsdow - Congratulations and Thank you so much for your review...can't wait for pics!  I do have one question for you though...what type of room did you have?  I know a lot of the packages state that the bride & groom get upgraded...but what type of room do they upgrade you to??

                 



                 



                #768 katelynn

                katelynn
                • Jr. Member
                • 414 posts

                  Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:08 AM

                  I have already printed out the same thing from Martha as I thought it was so cool. Here is the link I have:

                   



                  Do you ladies have any pictures of the hotel template/room number thing that you used?  How did you know where everyone was going to be?  I was under the impression that room assignments weren't given until you arrive...or is there a huge piece of this that i am completely missing!?

                   

                  Soontobemrsdow - Congratulations and Thank you so much for your review...can't wait for pics!  I do have one question for you though...what type of room did you have?  I know a lot of the packages state that the bride & groom get upgraded...but what type of room do they upgrade you to??

                   




                  Today I marry my bestfriend, the one I laugh with, the one I love.

                  #769 akua420

                  akua420
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 301 posts

                    Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:38 AM

                    Soontobemrsdow - CONGRATS!  So glad it went smoothly Mrs. Dow!  My walking in song is 5 minutes long, think that will be long enough??

                     

                    I don't know if Im going to do the father daughter dance, because my FI's mom passed away right before we met, and he won't have his mom to dance with.  So I'm still thinking about it, but I'm pretty sure we'll just nix it, but then that will hurt my dads feelings a bit I'm sure so I am so confused about that.  And I don't want to have my FI just standing around as I'm dancing with my dad, and if he danced with my mom then his dad would be standing, ugh I just don't know.

                     

                     

                     


                    Gran Bahia Principe - Runaway Bay - February 22, 2011

                    #770 missy&eric2011

                    missy&eric2011
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 267 posts

                      Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:47 AM

                      I don't know how close you are to his parents, but what if you did your father daughter dance and then chose a song that you and your FI could both dance - FI with your mom and you with his dad?!
                       

                      Originally Posted by akua420 

                      Soontobemrsdow - CONGRATS!  So glad it went smoothly Mrs. Dow!  My walking in song is 5 minutes long, think that will be long enough??

                       

                      I don't know if Im going to do the father daughter dance, because my FI's mom passed away right before we met, and he won't have his mom to dance with.  So I'm still thinking about it, but I'm pretty sure we'll just nix it, but then that will hurt my dads feelings a bit I'm sure so I am so confused about that.  And I don't want to have my FI just standing around as I'm dancing with my dad, and if he danced with my mom then his dad would be standing, ugh I just don't know.

                       

                       

                       

                      Mrs. Dow & Katelynn - thanks for the template link, going to check it out now as its a fabulous idea! 
                       

                       

                      Mekanabr - thanks for your input as well!   






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users