Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#5051 dutchess

dutchess
  • 120 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:42 AM

I have the video guy at the resort making a "marryoke" video with my wedding party. Sounds fun

#5052 FutureKeese22

FutureKeese22
    • 86 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:50 PM

I chose the bottom vanilla and the top chocolate! I didn't try the chocolate and I only had a bite of the vanilla and it was delicious! Too much going on for me to try the chocolate haha! I was all over the place! We played music from our ipod on an ipod dock! It was perfect!

#5053 JennyO

JennyO
      • 23 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by AngRiggs 

We will be there for our second week during your wedding. 

how have you found dealing with the wedding planners? the replies are slow, and my planner just changed all of a sudden. also have you planned on doing any decoration upgrades?

I have had good luck in the past.  They have replied to my emails within 7 days, but my last one took over two weeks to get a reply. 
        I called the resort directly and booked a few things las tweek cuz they had confused my ceremony time (11am) for another Jennifer from Canada (hers is at 4pm) in my last email from them.

All good now.  I don't think im going to do much upgrading.  Im going there to have a beach theme so I don't really need to add anything to that, but Im not a fancy shmancy kinda girl anyways.

Im bringing burlap ribbon for the chair ties and table decore, but thats about it lol

I would really like to make decisions when I get there.  I need to visualize everything before I make up my mind lol

#5054 HopeToBe

HopeToBe
        • 41 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:29 PM

Question for the ladies who have had their wedding already! Which cake flavour did you get, and would you choose it again? We cant decide between chocolate, vanilla or coconut! Also, for anyone who rented the gazebo or poolside after dinner, and chose NOT to have a DJ, what was provided, if anything, for you to play music on? Was there a fee? Thanks in advance! Sarah

I'm actually not too keen on either of their wedding cakes so I'm having an off-site caterer bring a cake to the resort for about $200

#5055 dutchess

dutchess
          • 120 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:47 PM

Ya I'm not keen on the cake either.I was gonna get a nice cake topper and flowers to add and hope for best LOL sPosted Image

#5056 dutchess

dutchess
            • 120 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

Posted Image

#5057 CdnBrideJoanne

CdnBrideJoanne
              • 145 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:22 PM

Any other brides getting married on Dec 10 2013??

#5058 CdnBrideJoanne

CdnBrideJoanne
                • 145 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:24 PM

dutchess - that cake is beautiful with the addition of orchids!  Amazing what some beautiful flowers will do.  Wonder what Tai Flora would charge for flowers for cakes?

#5059 dutchess

dutchess
                  • 120 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:31 PM

Michaels has some beautiful real looking orchids. I was gonna buy some to bring with me.

#5060 soontobeawalsh

soontobeawalsh
                    • 197 posts
                    • Wedding Date:April 9, 2014
                    • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by dutchess 

Ya I'm not keen on the cake either.I was gonna get a nice cake topper and flowers to add and hope for best LOL
                    s[IMG]

I have to agree with you on the cake!  I am going to being a cake topper, but I am loving the flower idea as well!  Hmmmmm I may just have to copy you on this one!!  I was also thinking that something beachy would be cool like some seashells just not too sure how hygienic that would be. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users