just wanted to send a quick message out to all those who have been to gran bahia principe for their wedding! i am starting to plan for an april/may 2013 wedding there, and feel way in over my head....already! my brother and sister-in-law were married at a gran bahia in punta cana, and i absolutely loved it; loved the idea, and how the two families just seemed to get even closer with a week together!!
i haven't spoke to any travel agents or "destination experts" on the details, but i figured i would hit up the BDW forums to get some ideas first. now, i may not be clicking the right things, but i seem to get a lot of information from 2009/10. just looking for some current information if there is any out there
few of the things i was curious about:
- how long in advance did you find the resort and start booking
- how long in advance did you send out "save the dates"
- where did you have the reception dinner (on the beach, at a restaurant) i've seen some YOUTUBE videos of people having their dinner outside on a patio, but haven't seen any pictures of videos of what the restaurants are like. was it closed off for wedding, or were other vacationers allowed to eat there?
- did you hire a photographer? if so, on the resort or from off?
- what wedding package did you go with? is there MUCH difference in the end (is the "best" package above and beyond the rest)
i'm sure there are 1,000 more questions I'm forgetting, but its just a few i can think of right now.
thank you to anyone who can help me out!