Photo

Any Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
5571 replies to this topic

#1431 katelynn

katelynn
  • 414 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:30 AM

Does anyone know if we have a formal type rehersal with Chandlyn?

Also, does anyone know the extensions of the people at the hotel...say spa, front desk as I am making a newsletter thingy up now and though that it might be helpful....23 days until we leave!!!!

Today I marry my bestfriend, the one I laugh with, the one I love.

#1432 Dutchie600

Dutchie600
    • 53 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:34 AM

Im getting Married at 330pm. Just before Sunset, the Pictures will look awesome.

#1433 tris

tris
      • 609 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:10 AM

My wedding is 6:00pm on Thursday, April 28th.

We've booked a rehearsal for 5:30pm on Wednesday, April 29th.

We just asked in an email and she booked it for us :)

Originally Posted by katelynn 

Also, does anyone know the extensions of the people at the hotel...say spa, front desk as I am making a newsletter thingy up now and though that it might be helpful....23 days until we leave!!!!

Married my best friend 04/28/11 at the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

#1434 missy&eric2011

missy&eric2011
        • 267 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:36 AM

We did the same as Tris...ours is also booked for 6 and I requested the Grill for dinner following; we wanted Don Pablos but our groups too big.  To request your rehersal dinner email Andrea at:

#1435 tris

tris
          • 609 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:52 AM

We just booked to have our wedding rehearsal, no dinner... hmmm... are you paying anything for a rehearsal dinner with your group? This has got me thinking!

Originally Posted by missy&eric2011 

We did the same as Tris...ours is also booked for 6 and I requested the Grill for dinner following; we wanted Don Pablos but our groups too big.  To request your rehersal dinner email Andrea at: prexecutivebpjam@bahia-principe.com 

It used to be Melissa but I guess she left too?!

Married my best friend 04/28/11 at the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

#1436 missy&eric2011

missy&eric2011
            • 267 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:30 PM

Not that I know of...I think it was Akua that had talked about doing this and so I sent an email to that email address and thats when they said our group was too large for Don Pablos but they could accomodate us in either the Italian or the Grill restaurants...I think its just more to group us together?!

Here's what I sent: 

Hi Melissa,
              I was informed that I could contact you in regards to reserving a section of a restaurant for our wedding party following our rehearsal at the gazebo?  If so, this is something that I would like to do.  We have a group of 31 people and if we could eat at Don Pablos, that would be great.  Our wedding is on Saturday, May 7th so our rehearsal will be on Friday, May 6th at 6;00 so if we could make the reservation for 7:00, I would greatly appreciate it!   

Thank you so very much for your help!

Here's their reply:

Good Afternoon

Let me apologize as Melissa is not with us anymore. I will be the one now in charge of your account.

Because of the size of your group we are not able to accommodate you in the Don Pablo restaurant as it is too small. We do have the Garden Grill or the Dolce Vitae which can hold a group of your size. Please let me no which of the two you decide.

I will have to ask that you speak with the wedding coordinator about your rehearsal dinner once the final decisions have been made she will correspond with me and i will do the booking.

If you have anymore queries please feel free to contact me.

kind regards

Andrea Jacks

P.R Executive

Email:

We just booked to have our wedding rehearsal, no dinner... hmmm... are you paying anything for a rehearsal dinner with your group? This has got me thinking!

#1437 StephAli

StephAli
              • 120 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:02 PM

I would guess that yellow is the usual set-up because I didnt specify any colour. I'm sure you could always email to ask (and hope you get a response!). 

Originally Posted by a084596 

does anyone know if this is the usual set up with the yellow flowers?  iF SO, I won't have to change anything and probably don't need centrepieces because yellow is my colour theme.  IT has been so difficult to find anything yellow here.

#1438 katelynn

katelynn
                • 414 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:04 PM

We have a photo session set up with our photographer from 430-645 and have dinner set in the Grill restaurant for our wedding party at 645pm...I didnt factor any time in to meet with Chandlyn to go over the stuff...maybe I will email her and ask to meet at 4pm so go over it quickly, I dont think there should be that much stuff.....right???

Today I marry my bestfriend, the one I laugh with, the one I love.

#1439 BusyBee123

BusyBee123
                  • 335 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:48 PM

On the subject of centrepieces, has anyone asked Chandlyn about the options they have available there?  Or is everyone just bringing their own?  Last email she sent, she told me that all of that decor stuff could be arranged once we arrived.

I've picked up some seashells and starfish, and a whole bunch of tea lights, but haven't really thought too much beyond that!  Has anyone priced out floral arrangements as centrepieces?  

#1440 Cassierose

Cassierose
                    • 23 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:27 AM

i'm not doing centerpieces. Dont want to worry about having to bring down more things in the suitcases. i'm sure the tables will be nice enough on their own.

So just to ask again, cuz no one replied to me- does anybody know where on the martha sewart site i can find that thing to print off so i can make a list of everyone's room numbers etc? i looked the other day but couldn't find it anywhere and i really don't want to go thru this whole thread all over again to find where it was talked about :S

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users