Jump to content

Photo

Calgary Brides!


  • Please log in to reply
1939 replies to this topic

#1791 Peach

Peach
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,293 posts

    Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

    Originally Posted by KristieT 

    Hey Calgary Brides,

     

    Anyone planning on doing a boudoir shoot? If so any recommendations that wouldnt cost an arm and a leg?

    Absolutely!

    Check out Miss Behave. That is where I went, and let me tell you, it was an AMAZING experience. The girls are so great there. I am super self conscious, but I had so much fun. I would do it again in a second.

     

    http://www.miss-behave.com/

     

    It is still a little pricey, but not too too bad, and they have specials pretty frequently, and I actually went using a groupon, so you could ask if they have any of those coming up. 

    Also, if you do decide to go that route, mention my name (Krysta C.) if you would not mind. :)

     

    I highly recommend them, anyway!



    #1792 Peach

    Peach
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,293 posts

      Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

      Originally Posted by KristieT 

      Hey Calgary Brides,

       

      Anyone planning on doing a boudoir shoot? If so any recommendations that wouldnt cost an arm and a leg?

      Absolutely!

      Check out Miss Behave. That is where I went, and let me tell you, it was an AMAZING experience. The girls are so great there. I am super self conscious, but I had so much fun. I would do it again in a second.

       

      http://www.miss-behave.com/

       

      It is still a little pricey, but not too too bad, and they have specials pretty frequently, and I actually went using a groupon, so you could ask if they have any of those coming up. 

      Also, if you do decide to go that route, mention my name (Krysta C.) if you would not mind. :)

       

      I highly recommend them, anyway!



      #1793 Peach

      Peach
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,293 posts

        Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

        Oops, sorry for the double post. Not sure how that happened.



        #1794 RNtoBe

        RNtoBe
        • Jr. Member
        • 255 posts

          Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

          Originally Posted by KristieT 

          Hey Calgary Brides,

           

          Anyone planning on doing a boudoir shoot? If so any recommendations that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg?

          My plan is to do a boudoir shoot. Two of my good friends have used TAIT photographer in Calgary for their boudoir books. It is expensive but the quality of her work is amazing! The way I look at it is, I'll probably never do anything like it again and it'll make a nice gift for the fiancĀ©. I would rather pay a bit more money for a nice quality book and photos than regret not paying enough and have something I never want to look at again. 



          #1795 cglouie

          cglouie
          • Newbie
          • 31 posts

            Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

            I heard negative things about Romantic Planet so I didn't even bother checking them out. Sorry to hear you had such a stressful experience. What happen?
             



            #1796 cglouie

            cglouie
            • Newbie
            • 31 posts

              Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

              I'm starting to realize how hard it is to find a good TA in Calgary. The rates I'm getting are terrible. Why would I suggest to my guests to go through one when it would be so much cheaper to pay direct? I have one TA who may be promising and I'm going to check with AMA (thanks for the suggestions girls) to see if they can do better. We are getting married December 2013 - most likely a RIU resort in Playa del Carmen.
               



              #1797 KristieT

              KristieT
              • Jr. Member
              • 430 posts

                Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

                Originally Posted by Peach 

                Absolutely!

                Check out Miss Behave. That is where I went, and let me tell you, it was an AMAZING experience. The girls are so great there. I am super self conscious, but I had so much fun. I would do it again in a second.

                 

                http://www.miss-behave.com/

                 

                It is still a little pricey, but not too too bad, and they have specials pretty frequently, and I actually went using a groupon, so you could ask if they have any of those coming up. 

                Also, if you do decide to go that route, mention my name (Krysta C.) if you would not mind. :)

                 

                I highly recommend them, anyway!

                 

                Originally Posted by RNtoBe 

                My plan is to do a boudoir shoot. Two of my good friends have used TAIT photographer in Calgary for their boudoir books. It is expensive but the quality of her work is amazing! The way I look at it is, I'll probably never do anything like it again and it'll make a nice gift for the fiancĀ©. I would rather pay a bit more money for a nice quality book and photos than regret not paying enough and have something I never want to look at again. 

                Hi Ladies,

                 

                THanks for the input! I will look into them both!



                #1798 jolene028

                jolene028
                • Member
                • 588 posts
                • Wedding Date:November 13, 2013
                • Wedding Location:Varadero, Cuba

                Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

                Originally Posted by KristieT 

                Hey Calgary Brides,

                 

                Anyone planning on doing a boudoir shoot? If so any recommendations that wouldnt cost an arm and a leg?

                There is this woman in Calgary she does 1 1/2 shoots for $150 you get a CD of the copies her information is below, I liked her page on Facebook I havent used her but plan to this spring.

                she works out of her house.

                 

                Carolyn Budreski-Chartrand
                www.CarolynBudreski.com
                www.HalifaxWeddingPhoto.com
                www.CalgaryWeddingPhoto.com
                Calgary, AB 403-289-6730
                Halifax, NS 902- 407-6730

                Follow us on Facebook for contests, promotions & discounts:
                https://www.facebook...phy/72361807034



                #1799 KristieT

                KristieT
                • Jr. Member
                • 430 posts

                  Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

                  Originally Posted by jolene028 

                  There is this woman in Calgary she does 1 1/2 shoots for $150 you get a CD of the copies her information is below, I liked her page on Facebook I havent used her but plan to this spring.

                  she works out of her house.

                   

                  Carolyn Budreski-Chartrand
                  www.CarolynBudreski.com
                  www.HalifaxWeddingPhoto.com
                  www.CalgaryWeddingPhoto.com
                  Calgary, AB 403-289-6730
                  Halifax, NS 902- 407-6730

                  Follow us on Facebook for contests, promotions & discounts:
                  https://www.facebook...phy/72361807034

                  Thanks Jolene!



                  #1800 MyTye2B

                  MyTye2B
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 185 posts

                    Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:29 AM

                    Kristie I went to Miss Behave.  It kind of did cost an arm and a leg but I loved the pictures!  The airbrushing makes you look fantastic, haha.  We made it like a girls day - my cousin and 2 friends and I went shopping for outfits then got our makeup done at MAC and our hair done at Blo and went to their studio (which was in a really creepy area downtown lol, but super cute and nice inside) and we ordered pizza and brought wine and had a blast.  Might be a good shower/bachelorette kind of thing.  Of course I think if I could do it again I'd have the girls day but do what Jolene suggested and get a whole CD for waaaay cheaper!  Have fun and good luck! 






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users