Photo

Head Table?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 JeniferLynn

JeniferLynn
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:36 PM

Hey Everyone, were planning on having a AHR 2 weeks after we get back.
    we rented a hall, DJ, cold buffet sytle supper - question is do we have a head table? its going to be a pretty casual reception and I figured we still would have one since I'm planning on wearing my dress again etc, until we went to meet the man who rents the hall, and he "assumed" we wouldnt be having one as its not our actual wedding day, his reason for this was he thought we would be busy talking to everyone and since were not having a formal sit down meal why bother? (I didnt like him too much)!!
    we just have a small wedding party, finance and I are both only having one special person standing beside us, so it would just be a table of 4..
    thoughts? what is everyone else planning?

#2 Jess

Jess
    • 4,455 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 07:45 PM

if you want to keep it casual I probably would not do a head table...but honestly, it is really up to you

#3 michelle6114

michelle6114
      • 209 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 10:46 PM

We are doing a bride and groom table, just so the familes arent offended that we are not sitting with one of them. We plan on only really sitting at it while eating though.

#4 hulagirlkim

hulagirlkim
        • 50 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:32 PM

I agree with Michelle ~ this is a good way to ensure that know feels left out and you will probably be mingling most of the evening anyway.
          I am so lucky to be marrying my best friend ~ Kim

http://dvcf.daisypath.com/b08hm6.png

#5 Debs

Debs
          • VIP Member
          • 7,104 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:37 PM

It's called a sweetheart table here. That's what I would recommend. :)

#6 amandseth

amandseth
            • 218 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:42 PM

We're having a head table, just for sitting at during the brief speeches we'll be having. Also, I agree with Michelle, if you have a head table you don't wind up offending anyone by neglecting to sit with them. It's also a focal point for decoration, if you are looking to spruce up your event a bit. :)
              Annie and Wes, 11.11.09, GRP

Grand Riviera Princess Review
              http://bestdestinati....-review-52769/Planning Thread http://bestdestinati....nscious-52815/

#7 autjo

autjo
              • 2,182 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:53 PM

Totally up to you. We are not because the location is a trendy loft and we are having mostly loungy conversation areas to sit. We really want people to mingle and catch up instead of show up for free food and then leave.

#8 JeniferLynn

JeniferLynn
                • 44 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:23 PM

Thanks Everyone!!

#9 amyrot

amyrot
                  • 188 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 08:02 PM

I am having this VERY discussion over email with my father tonight. ugh. I was planning to have one. while its casual, I really had in mind that it is more of a reception because we are having music, photographer, almost 200 people...he says to keep it more informal and a party feel..but its just a table and we are all wearing our outfits/dress again!!! I don't know what to do now. Whats it to my parents if I have a head table! ?

#10 SheriB

SheriB
                    • 597 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 04:32 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by amyrot
                      I am having this VERY discussion over email with my father tonight. ugh. I was planning to have one. while its casual, I really had in mind that it is more of a reception because we are having music, photographer, almost 200 people...he says to keep it more informal and a party feel..but its just a table and we are all wearing our outfits/dress again!!! I don't know what to do now. Whats it to my parents if I have a head table! ?
                      Aren't parents funny about weddings... I am thinking the other way - that I don't want a head table as neither my fiance or I are very comfortable in the spotlight but I have a feeling I might have trouble with convincing my parents. I am sure they have never heard of a "sweetheart table"!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users