AHR seating demands from in-laws

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 michelle6114

• 209 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 10:28 PM

We are having our AHR this sunday, in a private room at a nice italian restaurant. We are expecting 85 people. We are paying for this (per plate)ourselves, as well as the entire wedding 2 weeks ago. Last night we stayed up late making the seating chart and place cards. This morning my husband gets a phone call AT WORK, his mom wants to be seated next to so-and-so and behind so-and-so's table. When he said the seating chart was done and turned in, he gets an e-mail saying from her stating no big deal, they will just shove the tables together at the restaurant!!
    Hello? WTF?? I think this is totally disrespectful. This is our party we are hosting and these demands are ridiculous. Who would show up to anyone wedding reception and start shoving tables together? The seating chart is made for a reason, right? We cannot have 85 people shoving tables and chairs around and confusing the waitresses. My husband will not stand up to her much, and am fuming. I made favors and centepieces and a have a vision of a big rowdy mess now this weekend.

#2 Sheree10

• 1,026 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 07:13 PM

Oh no, I hope it all works our for you. Why can't she just go with the flow and have a good time at the dinner? Why cause such a disturbance over seating? After all it is your event, not hers!

I read your other post about the events surrounding your DW and your MIL. I hope that you continue to be patient and don't let her drive you crazy.

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#3 diamondpooch

• 546 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:56 PM

Ugh, what is up with in laws anyway? I would never imagine going to anyone's gathering and start re-arranging tables. So rude. Your whole night will be ruined if you don't put your foot down.

#4 hulagirlkim

• 50 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:31 PM

I am so sorry for your added stress! I hope everything works out okay! I think that your hubby should probably try and respond as politey as possible that rearraging things would not be ok!
          I am so lucky to be marrying my best friend ~ Kim

#5 punkie569

• 255 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 02:49 PM

Oh man I'd be fuming too. I'd tell her that the restaurant has set up the tables that way for a reason. If she wants to sit at a different table let her but don't let her move the tables. Is there anyway you can ask the restaurant to step in if she did that? I know that's a cop out but sometimes people will only listen if it's a stranger telling them. I hope it all works out!
            Two lives, two hearts joined together in friendship united forever in love

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users