Photo

Air Jamaica cuts # of free checked bags :(

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sparkles8300

Sparkles8300
  • 349 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:01 PM

AJ just changed the # of checked bags included in the ticket price from 2 to the usual 1 that other airlines allow. I am so upset as we are bringing so much stuff and now we will have to pay $25 more per bag. This change will go into affect after Oct. 14th. I thought I would have my MOH and her boyfriend use their second bags for my wedding stuff and have FI and I take the other 2 bags of stuff and now it looks like this will end up costing us $100 to get the stuff down there. Do any of you girls know if they count your dress as your carry on? Or is it just allowed on extra. I have a TTD and Wedding dress that have to go on the plane with me so I was wondering if any of you knew how they handle that? I really hope they don't charge $25 for each of those too!
    WE WERE SO BLESSED TO HAVE A PERFECT WEDDING WEEKEND FROM START TO FINISH!

My Planning Thread:http://bestdestinati....c-heavy-53105/Our Sungold Photograpy Slideshow to music:http://www.sungoldph....otter-hooters/http://tickers.Ticke....3c97/event.png

#2 Sloan

Sloan
    • 1,279 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:07 PM

I didn't fly Air Jamaica, but your dress doesn't normally count as carry-on. I ended up stuffing a WHOLE bunch of stuff in my dress bag, because no one asked me about it, weighed or opened it up to look inside.

#3 angie8119

angie8119
      • 198 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:42 PM

wow thanks for the heads up on this.

#4 ShelbyFL

ShelbyFL
        • 211 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 10:26 PM

Wow... we are flying America in 3 days but my family is taking AJ and is taking extra bags for us too... Glad we made the cut off, but this is going to be tough for future brides.

#5 hockeymom97

hockeymom97
          • 2,458 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 01:40 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Sparkles8300
            AJ just changed the # of checked bags included in the ticket price from 2 to the usual 1 that other airlines allow. I am so upset as we are bringing so much stuff and now we will have to pay $25 more per bag.
            Sh*t!!!! I have been holding off on booking our flights because I'm pretty sure the prices will drop a little more, but now it looks like the extra baggage fee is going to cancel out any savings. That will teach me for waiting
            Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

#6 CHAKLIT

CHAKLIT
            • 260 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:54 PM

Sux...I knew things would change once Spirit bought them...
              I've booked Heather Parker for my photographer for my April 2, 2011 wedding in Ochi Rios, Jamaica. If anyone is getting married in Jamaica days before or after me and is interested sharing her travel expenses to save few wedding budget bucks, let me know. Take a look at her work for Moon Dance...

#7 michelle6114

michelle6114
              • 209 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 01:03 PM

Dress does not count as carry on...but be sure garment bag is clearly marked with your name. There were 4 other brides on my flight with davids bridal bags. I also stuffed my veil and under-skirt thingy in there as well, there was a ton of room on the bottom. It was only a hassle to lug around at the departing airport.
                My in-law just flew AJ and said there was only 1 bathroom, so make sure you go before you board.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users