Photo

Wedding MC??

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 zephyr4586

zephyr4586
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 01:13 PM

What is everyone doing in terms of leading the reception. I am looking at the wedding packages offered by the Paradisus resorts and one of the add-ons is an MC. But i am concerned about what their style would be and a potential language barrier.

How are you guys going to make sure that the music playing, the guests are engaged and things are lively while all the typical components of the wedding are announced an not forgotten (i.e. first dance, toasts, bride and father dance, cutting the cake, etc)

#2 Outdoor_girl1010

Outdoor_girl1010
    • 657 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 01:48 PM

We asked my FI brother to be our MC he is very funny and lively, so we just thought it would be a good fit. He will be the person to keep everything going.
      Cory & Jennifer
      March 13, 2010Punta Cana D.R.!!http://i150.photobuc....3/IMG_6740.jpg

#3 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 5,369 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 01:49 PM

We asked my MOH's husband and he was great. We gave him the list of names to introduce and told him how our ipod was set up. It was nice not having to worry about it :)

#4 scrouse

scrouse
        • 185 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 04:30 PM

We also have a family member who will be our MC. His job will be pretty simple...like you said--just introducing people before speaches, making announcements, and making sure things flow well, etc. And our reception is very short, so it's not a long gig. And we're pretty much giving him a script for the whole thing, so he won't need to do much preparation on his own...

Maybe you could ask someone to do this as well? I think you would probably feel more comfortable having someone you know do it, as opposed to an MC supplied as part of the package...

#5 britsytoll

britsytoll
          • 129 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:50 PM

Great ideas. I think we are asking a friend of FI's. I thinks someone outgoing will be our best choice.
            http://tickers.Ticke....1f53/event.png

Bride & Groom + 41 Guests BOOKED~

#6 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
            • 5,466 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 03:30 PM

Yah we are having one of FI's best friends, who is not in the wedding party, do it for us. He also knows us together as a couple the longest so that works out nice too

#7 Flasong

Flasong
              • 340 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 11:28 AM

I don't think it is necessary to pay an addtl fee to have a MC...just ask one of your friends to do it and that way it is more personable anyways. That is what we are planning on doing

#8 bahiabride2010

bahiabride2010
                • 997 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 05:51 PM

We've asked my Aunt and Uncle to be our MC's! They were stoked to be asked! My Aunt is a singer and my uncle is funny. When choosing I think it's important to chose someone that knows you and your FI pretty well, is definately a funny person/people and speak/preform in front of large groups frequently!

#9 ~Crista-Lee~

~Crista-Lee~
                  • 329 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:30 AM

We asked one of good friends that's super outgoing, friendly and who we know will make sure everyone's having a good time. I have the utmost faith in her to make the reception fun for everyone.

#10 affiwin

affiwin
                    • 177 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 08:54 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by zephyr4586
                      What is everyone doing in terms of leading the reception. I am looking at the wedding packages offered by the Paradisus resorts and one of the add-ons is an MC. But i am concerned about what their style would be and a potential language barrier.

How are you guys going to make sure that the music playing, the guests are engaged and things are lively while all the typical components of the wedding are announced an not forgotten (i.e. first dance, toasts, bride and father dance, cutting the cake, etc)
                      My FI's best friend is going to be our MC. He's going to give him some guidelines on crowd control etc. I wouldn't want to leave such a crucial job up to the resort.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users