Photo

LF: Maggie Sottero rd1044

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 *Linds*

*Linds*
  • 5,776 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:34 PM

I am in love with the Maggie Sottero dress rd1044. IF any of you brides out there have this gown and are thinking about selling PLEASE PLEASE let me know!

Thanks! =)
    Loving married life! <3

#2 estella1007

estella1007
    • 475 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:35 PM

Have you seen it in person? I am only asking because I saw it up close at the shop where I bought my dress.

#3 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
      • 2,424 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:28 AM

Dont know what size you are but someone on preownedweddingdresses.com is selling theirs.

#4 *Linds*

*Linds*
        • 5,776 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 02:22 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by estella1007
          Have you seen it in person? I am only asking because I saw it up close at the shop where I bought my dress.
          I have not seen it in person! Whatare your thoughts on the gown. Please feel free to be honest since you have actually seen it and all!

Thanks for the reply about the listing on preownedresses...unfortunately it is not my size! I would need a 6/8. =(
          Loving married life! <3

#5 Holly22

Holly22
          • 127 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 02:26 PM

Its such a pretty dress in the picture!! It was one of my top picks. I saw it in the bridal store and wasn't as sure. You should check it out for sure in person first.

#6 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
            • 5,521 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 02:34 PM

I agree with Holly. It is gorgeous in the picture. But up close its a little different. and I think you def have to have the right body style to wear it.

#7 NaM

NaM
              • 2,256 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:28 PM

I'm going to second what everyone else said...it was one of my top choices when I was going to try dresses on. I'm pretty short and the dress looked like it was wearing me. The flowiness that I loved made me look short, stumpy and pregnant and the shoulder flowers were overwhelming (they are removable but I thought that took even more away from the dress). And I was so upset cause it looked gorgeous on the model! I still think it's a pretty dress, but not on me so I would definitely try it on before you buy it.

#8 estella1007

estella1007
                • 475 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:31 PM

I was asking if you saw it because it is very disappointing in person. I was also in love with that dress, but up close it looks very poorly constructed. The organza flowers were all unraveled and frayed. They had just gotten it in too, so its not like it was that way from being handled a lot. I would definitely not buy it unless you see it first. Sorry to bust your bubble, but I would hate to buy a dress and be disappointed.

#9 *Linds*

*Linds*
                  • 5,776 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 05:21 PM

Thanks for all the input ladies! I appreciate it!!!!
                    Loving married life! <3

#10 ashley1316

ashley1316
                    • 353 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:33 AM

i on the other hand purchased this dress 2 weeks ago for my wedding. with any dress you should definitly hunt it down and try it on. yes the flowers dont have the wow factor that i thought they would be. but i found that the dress was very flattering on me. i am short, 5'3 and didnt find it made me look any short then and other dress. but you will know your dress the minute you put it on. so dont just buy on line before trying this or any dress on. cause like the ladies said u may not end up liking it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users