Sign in to follow this  
kaprite247

What is your height difference, how high

I'm 5'4" & FI is 5'11" - I'm wearing sandals with a minimal heel so I can be comfortable and walk through the sand. I don't mind being that much shorter than him : )

He's 6'1" and I'm 5'7". Both going barefoot for the ceremony and I have no clue what shoes I want for the reception. I seriously can't make a decision on this one.

i'm 5"2 Fi is 5"11, I'm going barefoot for the ceremony, I really don't mind the height difference, I fit perfectly under his arm! :) For the reception though probably 3" wedges

I'm 5'1" and FI is 6'3" eek - I have no idea what I am wearing for footware yet. For brides that are going barefoot for the ceremony and wearing heels/platforms for the reception - what length are you getting your dress hemmed to? I was thinking of doing that but I don't want my dress to drag in the sand too much for the ceremony and I also don't want it to look too short if I put on shoes.

I will be bare foot for the Ceremony and he will be in Sandals. We are both 5'7. So heel were out since day one. I have learned how to stand in pictures so I don't look taller than him, because I think I have him by half an inch. I will be wearing flat sandals for the reception!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krayzeekitty View Post
I'm 5'1" and FI is 6'3" eek - I have no idea what I am wearing for footware yet. For brides that are going barefoot for the ceremony and wearing heels/platforms for the reception - what length are you getting your dress hemmed to? I was thinking of doing that but I don't want my dress to drag in the sand too much for the ceremony and I also don't want it to look too short if I put on shoes.
I am only wearing one-two inch heels for that exact reason and getting my dress hemmed to that length. I just didn't want to trip over the extra fabric of my dress being barefoot on the beach if I had it hemmed to 3" heel. And at most weddings I have been too the brides only wear the really awesome 3" heels for maybe an hour and then they change into flipflops so I say go comfy!