Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbride View Post
I have 4 months to go, I wish I had gotten mine out way sooner, but we switched to DW at the last minute and time did not allow. But everyone knows the where and the when!

If you do STD now when will you do your invitations? Why not save money and include those in a trifold type invite? Just a suggestion. Use it in your OOT bag if you already bought them.

YOU ARE ALL INVITED TO ST THOMAS SOMEDAY IN THE YEAR 3007 cheer2.gifcheer2.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
If you do STD now when will you do your invitations? Why not save money and include those in a trifold type invite? Just a suggestion. Use it in your OOT bag if you already bought them.

YOU ARE ALL INVITED TO ST THOMAS SOMEDAY IN THE YEAR 3007 cheer2.gifcheer2.gif

I will do invitations at the 2 month mark. They all know I am crazy!! lol! It really will happen~ I never thought it would for me....

I sent a little letter on nice paper with my travel agent's info. I put our logo on the top of the paper and just a little note on the rest. I say put something in, that way they know how to book.

I agree a little note with the details on booking would be a good idea. Even if people already know, its just there in writing reminding them.

Hmmm, should we start counting down for 3007 now? LOL

In your notes did you guys make any reference to the fact that you know its alot to expect people to travel for your wedding and you understand that not all will be able to attend? I feel like I need to address this somehow so that people don't get PO'd by me assuming they'll come to my wedding in Cancun. I think I'm just paranoid :o)

I would actually like to mention something like that too... but I think it'd be better done when actually talking face to face with people.

I agree. Most of the people I'm inviting know that I'm having a wedding in a tropical location. I guess I'm more concerned with those that don't. Mind you I've already assembled and stuffed 75% of my STD envelopes. Now I'm thinking about ripping 'em all open and shoving something else in, LOL.

Umm... yeah, don't do that! I'm sure nobody feels required to go. I would just mention it to people if they talk to you about your wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlink78 View Post
In your notes did you guys make any reference to the fact that you know its alot to expect people to travel for your wedding and you understand that not all will be able to attend? I feel like I need to address this somehow so that people don't get PO'd by me assuming they'll come to my wedding in Cancun. I think I'm just paranoid :o)
Do you have a wedding website? I've been very vocal about letting everyone know that there will be NO hard feelings if they can't come. But I also talk about that on our website.

But, we are having 2 AHR's, one where we live and then one where my parents live since much of my extended family is older and won't be able to travel.

I would just make sure family and friends know to spread the word that everyone is invited but everyone is not expected to be able to make it and that that's okay...