Photo

White or Cream

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
  • 1,798 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 11:07 AM

These are not the best photos as I had no clue when they were going to be taken because no one knows how to use my camera. That and no flash was used--enough of the excuses.
    I am fair skinned (read-pale) and have lots of freckles. Reddish hair as well. Now here is my question--My sisters are encouraging me to get a cream colored dress over white. What do you think? I really don't have a huge preference so I thought I would throw it out there for you to see. Plus I know you all love photos. Nothing like seeing yourself in a wedding dress to encourage you to tone up and loose more weight ( already 15 down )
    I am not sure if you can really make out the difference.

Click the image to open in full size.
    This one is very simple and more my style than some of the ones with lots of beading. This one is very white.

Click the image to open in full size.
    Ignore the silly face! This one is off-white or cream. It has a flower on that I hate so would take it off and cover it with a pin.

Arrgh I am so tired so I hope this makes sense. Oh and stay tuned for engagement photos--we got them done last night and I should have them by the end of the week!!

#2 tvt

tvt
    • VIP Member
    • 4,812 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 11:10 AM

Nice work on the 15! That's so awesome.

I think you look great in the white dress. Actually I prefer the white dress with your skin tone. Which do you think you like better?

#3 Heidi

Heidi
      • 2,642 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 11:13 AM

I also prefer the white. If you were pasty & 'clear' (as Reggie so endearingly says) like me, I'd say cream!
        Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#4 cessyboston

cessyboston
        • VIP Member
        • 2,096 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 11:17 AM

i love the 1st one on you...if thats the white...it looks great on you 2....congrats on the 15 yuppie
          Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#5 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
          • VIP Member
          • 2,347 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 11:18 AM

I like the second one---- it draws the attention upward and also gives more definition in the waist.

Great job on the 15!!!

#6 LisaG

LisaG
            • VIP Member
            • 7,839 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 11:19 AM

ROFL..."clear" is hilarious!! I would say with such pale skin, that cream would be nice.

#7 JulieG

JulieG
              • VIP Member
              • 8,323 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 11:29 AM

I think with the skin tone you described, as we can not really see it in the pics, I would go off white or ivory. I am a little on the pale side and blonde and blue eyed, so I knew I was going off white, white is strong and I do not think it suits me. That is me though, so that is how I voted.

I like the second dress better on you.

#8 LadyP

LadyP
                • 3,156 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 11:33 AM

GREAT JOB ON THE 15 LBS. What did you do? I want to need to (says my doctor) change my diet so can you give me some advice.

I agree with Heidi if you are fair fair skin go with the cream if you plan on tanning go with the the white.

#9 TammyB

TammyB
                  • 10,630 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 11:33 AM

I like the first one on you. My wedding dress was "natural" but depending on the light you couldn't tell if it was white or off white.

#10 Martha

Martha
                    • VIP Member
                    • 3,906 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 11:34 AM

I say cream...BUT, I love the first dress on you. It is flattering and looks great!

So...first dress in cream!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users