Photo

giving oot bags!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 t&kJanuary2010

t&kJanuary2010
  • 196 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:22 PM

When do you give out the oot bags? Is it best to leave them at the desk when guests check in? Welcome party? What worked best for you ladies??

#2 Meyer2010

Meyer2010
    • 429 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 09:45 AM

Great question!!! I have the same question.... :)

#3 jmiranda

jmiranda
      • 697 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:46 AM

I was thinking of giving them out at our Welcome Dinner since that will be the day where everyone will be together. But I will love to hear what other options there are.

#4 Tam

Tam
        • 551 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:21 AM

I was thinking of giving them out at a special dinner before we go away for two reasons: one, I don't have to carry all the bags myself (I know it's selfish) and two, people can choose to bring what they want or put whatever else in the bags as well.

Also note that I am only giving out 6 real OOT bags for our wedding party and the rest will be getting travel mugs....which I really need to get on with buying ...

#5 SusieQ

SusieQ
          • 1,603 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 12:05 PM

Discountmugs.com that is where I ordered mine and they did a great job

#6 hockeymom97

hockeymom97
            • 2,458 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 12:12 PM

I'm still trying to decide on this as well. My original thought was to have them waiting in their room at the resort once they check in - I thought it would be a nice surprise. But I've read on here somewhere that some resorts will charge you a fee to have the bags placed in the room?! C'mon - how hard is it just to place a bag in someone's room? I'm going to try and see if our WC can do this without having to charge us a fee.

If I can't do it that way, I may have to hand them out at a welcome dinner.
              Heather & Eric ~ May 5th, 2011 ~ Beaches Turks & Caicos

#7 Candice

Candice
              • 223 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 05:42 PM

I think we are going to hand them out when we get there. Our TA who deals with our WC said that we will get a list of all the guests and thier rooms. So we will hand deliever them to each guests, possibly with the help from our bridal party as well.
                50 Adults & 5 Kids Booked!

#8 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
                • 5,521 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 06:17 PM

Im thinking and wondering the same thing. All of our guests arrive on different days so it is a little difficult to plan. Beaches charges $5 per delivery. I wish I could just go in and set them up in their room myself. Now Im wondering are people giving their guests who are staying off property OOT bags as well? It would be so hard to get them to them!

#9 finzup

finzup
                  • 468 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 05:17 PM

the resort said I could have the front desk hand them out ... if not we are going to do a "meet and greet' cocktail hour and do it then...

-Katie
                    Have you met Alice?
                    http://tickers.Ticke....eXf/weight.png

#10 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
                    • 2,754 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 07:15 PM

Luckily most of our guests arrived in groups so DH and I met them at the entrance with the bags as they stepped out of the shuttle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users