Anyone done a taco bar?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Jacilynda

• 2,777 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:47 PM

So I was originally going to do a BBQ w/ burgers and such. But I think it would be fun to do a taco bar, and have corona, margs, and chips, salsa, & guac.

Its a very laid back AHR we're doing it on a college football day, we're very big on our local university football, and we only live a block and a half from the stadium. So we're going to start early and have slideshow of our pics going, then when the game starts we'll play it. We're going to have a cake.

But I was thinking of doing a taco bar and if anyone else had done this and the price they may have spent for their taco bar. I'm for sure buying our meat (for burgers or taco bar) from Albertsons cause at night they have their ground beef $1.88 per pound so thats what i buy it for but figured I'd grab it all when its on sale. And we'll do the small tortilla shells not the large ones

We're expecting 80- 100 people right now but I have no idea how much meat to get, or cheese, lettuce, etc. I thought I'd ask some of you who may have had a taco bar and I know there are a couple catering girls on how much food do you think i need?

#2 shellk

• 1,784 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:53 PM

sorry i have not had the pleasure of becoming a mrs yet (bring it on) but for our ahr we are having a mexican themed party with tacos,chilli,wraps etc etc and what i plan on doing is have a few friends around to have a practice and how ever many servings you get from them ingredients x it by the guests you have coming and work out how much meat (for example) you need to buy.does that make sense?keep me posted so i know what to do hehe

#3 Jacilynda

• 2,777 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:59 PM

this is a good idea! I've been trying to think how much burger I use when we have tacos and how many we eat, but I can't remember!

Maybe we'll eat tacos this weekend

#4 Jess

• 4,455 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 05:29 PM

we have had a taco bar at a few parties and it has always been a hit! I'm not sure how it works in MT - but here in CA you can hire a taco cart and they bring all the food - for a lot less than it would be to buy all the food.

Everyone always loves it - I would for sure recommend it!

#5 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 02 September 2009 - 05:32 PM

amy had a taco party for her AHR. a friend is having a birthday party and hired a taco truck to cater it.

i also just had a party and had taces...carne asada and fish tacos.

super easy...put proteins, tortillas out.

make a few salsas, some crema, some aqua fresca, guac and chips and you're good to go.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
          Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#6 *Lo*

• 2,993 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 05:56 PM

Tacos are amazing and I am in full support of a taco bar. It does sound fairly easy as well!

I am wishing a taco truck will just show up outside my house right now. DELICIOUS.

#7 BBtoB

• 399 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:02 PM

For our AHR we had a Taco bar, burritos, a nacho bar (huge hit!) and rice and beans. Our cateerer did a buffet with service and a bartender. We provided the alcohol- Corona, Fat Tire, Coor Light, Miller Lite, Sangrias,Margaritas and of course tequila for shots. As for the Tequila, We bought some really good stuff in Mexico.

It was amazing! people loved it! They thought the theme was great! The food cost us $12.99 a person, they also provided set up, full linens and glass wear/silver wear. It was a bargain and the food was amazing!

#8 Jacilynda

• 2,777 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:26 PM

Thanks, WOW!

We only have one place in town who does taco bars and they charge $8 per person so I'd be around $800 and I'm pretty sure I could buy all of my stuff and cook, well of course w/ the help of Joe's mom and spend less than $800 on tacos alone.

I think I might do up some tacos this weekend and see what we use.

Nachos is a good idea too! We would just add some chips and such and also have nachos! AWESOME!

#9 jetsbride

• 794 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:33 PM

This is an awesome idea!!! Unfortunately we are not having an AHR but if I was it would definately have to be a Taco Bar!!!

It sounds so good I would love to have a taco right now!!! :)

#10 Mango6112

• 8 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:55 PM

I totally want a taco bar. We are still throwing the idea of an AHR around but definetly want a station buffett/heavy hor'de'orves type event. We also talked about a quesadilla bar because it might be easier/keep the line flowing better

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users