One week or two??

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#11 hsims1

• 356 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 06:36 PM

Yea we are staying 2 weeks. We are also doing the changing resorts. We are going to do La Blanc for our Honeymoon. I would recommend 2 weeks.

#12 Dmitri_Markine

• Vendor
    • 2,782 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 02:20 PM

About 5 years ago I went to Cuba for a week(first time) and loved it so much I asked local Sunwing rep to extend my trip. I paid about $100 to Sunwing to get my flight changed from Tuesday to Sunday(5 days) and then $400 to the hotel.

#13 ~*Kathy*~

• 5,649 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 02:36 PM

We stayed at our resort for two weeks as well! I was in Mexico 3 years prior to our wedding for another wedding and we only stayed for one week that time and it definitely was not enough time to see and do everything we wanted. For our wedding, we thought two weeks would be a better choice...and it was! It was long enough that we were ready to go when it was over and short enough that we weren't sick of anything yet. :)

#14 LadyTrunck

• 1,114 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 03:36 PM

2 weeks for sure! I talked FI into doing 13 days (good negotiationg skills) because you're basically wasting 2 days traveling (there and back) and so much family and friend time. You definitely don't want to regret not staying longer, and I can almost guarantee you will not be ready after 7 days!!
          Married to my BEST FRIEND!
          July 7, 2010!!My Planning Thread: http://bestdestinati....ns-pics-60834/
          Non-Pro Pics:
          Trash the dress!:http://bestdestinati....a-dumas-61397/

#15 Sita&Nate

• 349 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:26 PM

We'll spend our wedding week at the resort in the Mayan Riviera and an extra week just being beach bums--I want to stay in one of the little Tulum hotels, go to Cozumel, and stay in Playa Del Carmen as well... I figure one week at a resort is enough and the other week to explore and see everything :)
            We are doing a package through Air Transat, and it will cost $150 per person to extend the flight one week (obviously no accomodations included).

Cuba is beautiful, might be a great opportunity to get out of the resort after the first week!

#16 shortnsweet7675

• 483 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:46 PM

I say stay for two weeks if you can. The time will go by so fast.

#17 Sloan

• 1,279 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:29 PM

We stayed 2 weeks and if we had to do it all over again, we'd stay 2 weeks again!

#18 SusieQ

• 1,603 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 10:44 PM

Don't even give it a second thought... 2 weeks... crash and burn with your honey once everyone else has gone home. Take sometime to let go of the stress and allow yourself time to dream a new dream... the one with your honey without the wedding plans and stress... Plan the new chapter of your life.... far too many of us don't allow our selves the gift of destressing..... a few days to say babe its all over, we did and look out world here we come two of us together..... 2 weeks for sure

#19 ashey063009

• 604 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 03:04 PM

Two weeks! DH and I actually went a week BEFORE everyone else came down for the wedding, and it was PERFECT. We travelled through the country, planned the wedding, spent some amazing quality time together... it was a fantastic way to get ready for the week. :)

#20 Blooroze

• 12 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 04:06 PM

We are staying 1 week at the Iberostar Varadero and then 1 more week just travelling around Cuba on our own. I think it will be a good mix, and we'll probably be sick of the all-inclusive lifestyle after a week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users