ANyone making their own magnets?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 12:10 PM

Hi ladies!

I browsed through the threads a little bit and didn't find this, so I thought I would ask! Does anyone know where I could get a template for a business card size magnet? Example, Aylee Bits has templates for boarding passes but I haven't been able to find one for business cards! I am a DIY fanatic so I would like to do this myself too!
    Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#2 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,921 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 12:13 PM

Did you google it?
      Magnet Templates - My1Stop

Also check out vistaprint... they are very reasonable and always have coupons... it may be cheaper to let them print them.
      Vistaprint - Business Cards - Full Color Printing - Digital Printing Company | Vistaprint

We designed ours and had a local printer print them. They turned out great! Good luck, hope I helped a little.

#3 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
      • 2,528 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 12:19 PM

thanks for that link! I had googled it, but it seemed like all I could find was companies that would show me their templates that they would use to print them for me... I will have the look into the price to see the comparison, but its because we have a lot to do that I want to at least have the option to DIY! :)
        Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#4 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,921 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 12:21 PM

I bet if you went to the store to buy magnet paper, there would be a link to a template of some sort. Just not sure how many options they will give you, KWIM?

#5 dawnkyeknod

dawnkyeknod
          • 303 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 12:21 PM

I made my own magents and they were super easy and cheap. I bought a magnet sheet at Staples (it looks like regular paper but with a magnetic back). I put my logo onto a simple word document over and over again (to look kinda lilke labels but mine are round). I just put the magent paper through my printer and the used a big (3") hole punch to punch them out in perfect circles.
            I used a removable adhesive and stuck them into my STD boarding pass folders. It wasnt hard at all.... Good luck.

#6 cruisebride0410

cruisebride0410
            • 178 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 03:44 PM

I was going to suggest the magnet paper too. You could always use a business card template (from Avery) and then just print onto the magnet paper and cut them into the right size. Or using the circle punch sounds cool too. Post some pics when you figure it out!

#7 budgetjamaicabride

budgetjamaicabride
              • 516 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 03:49 PM

It was so much cheaper and nice quality to have Vista Print print them

#8 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 8,680 posts
                • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
                • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
                • LocationUtah

Posted 30 August 2009 - 03:58 PM

I did my own back in the day... well kinda. I designed them myself and then ordered them through vistaprint. Everyone LOVED them and I still see them in some of our guests homes :0)

#9 hunniebee724

hunniebee724
                • 340 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 05:16 PM

I used the Avery business card template and then attached the business cards to the self-adhesive business card magnets.

#10 Positanobride10

Positanobride10
                  • 205 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:26 PM

I made my own too. I used business cards printed at Kinkos and fixed them to self adhesive business card sized magnets (bought at a craft shop). It was super easy and cheap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users