• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#31 DRB

DRB
  • 647 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 08:42 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bdegreeff
    Mel, I absolutely love love love that Maggie dress. I wanted that one so badly, but felt like it didn't look appropriate for a wedding on me b/c I am bigger on top. I went with Carissa instead. Carissa - by Maggie Sottero
    That dress is beautiful!

#32 Moonrhea

Moonrhea
    • 153 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 09:11 PM

I also went the more traditional route, sadly the beachy dresses just weren't suiting me. I absolutely love my dress, it's me in everyway, and was in my budget. Hopefully I survive the heat, and they allow it to come with me on the plane as it's kinda large. We're going to the airport early, so I can pour on the charm. :)

#33 Lashawn

Lashawn
      • Banned
      • 156 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 09:29 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by damaris
        I'm going for traditional. At first I picked beachy because it was a beach wedding, But I couldn't get the wow factor from any styles that I saw. I love the dresses over at Pronovias and The prices are reasonable.
        I also went the traditional route. I chose a Pronovias as well, I love their dresses!

#34 Stamperamma

Stamperamma
        • 432 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 09:40 PM

I have gone with the lighter style dress, it is a mon cheri - 18107. You can a picture at Wedding Dresses details - 18107 by Destinations

Sure wish I got it that cheap.

#35 Sheree10

Sheree10
          • 1,026 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 09:47 PM

I thought I wanted a simple white dress but I think I'm going all out!! Just as long as it's not too heavy.
            http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#36 spazycat6454

spazycat6454
            • 161 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 10:25 PM

I am going with a traditional style dress. I didn't feel like a bride in the beachy dresses.

#37 KarenM

KarenM
              • 1,920 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 12:11 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by SDbeachgirl
                I love this dress! What material is it? Do you know if the material breaths? That is my main concern.
                Hi! So, the dress is satin with a lace overlay. I don't know how breathable it'll be, but it is really light weight. There's no tulle/crinoline underneath so it's not scratchy. It's really pretty comfy & has a short train and I'm thinking of removing the satin in the train so it'll just be lace. Maybe go try it on to see if you like it?

I love seeing all of your dresses, girls!! They're all so gorgeous!

#38 MsAmErika

MsAmErika
                • 56 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 05:05 PM

You ladies have picked some beautiful dresses. There is so much to do and too little time.

#39 Jenna20

Jenna20
                  • 314 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 06:19 PM

I have been wondering the same thing!? One of my sisters had a DW and wore a traditional dress. One of my bridesmaids and sisters thinks it could be super hot to wear a traditional dress. I have tried some dresses that are lighter, more beachy style and to me it feels like an everyday summer dress, not as weddingish...for those who have got married in a traditional dress is it ridiculously hot?

#40 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
                    • 2,528 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 06:41 PM

My dress is traditional as well, but its not as extravagant as I would have had it if my wedding were at home! Some embellishments on the bust and the empire waist style, but pretty straight otherwise! It's not very heavy, but it LOOKS heavier than what it is! :) When I find a picture I will post it in the forum "show your wedding dress!"
                      Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users