79 replies to this topic

#11 Sue

• 86 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:17 PM

Halloween candy sounds fun - you could even do up some little treat bags

#12 michelle6114

• 209 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:49 PM

Hey my AHR is the day after Halloween night! I hope everyone will be ok to come, and probably quite a few kids will still be burning off a sugar high!
      For our favors I got wedding bubbles from AC Moore and affixed a sticker with our name and date on front (shaped like a starfish) and tied a raffetta bow around the top. They are cute and not too cheesy, we are having over 100 guests so I didn't want to spend a lot on favors.
      I also got cute little favor boxes with a beach theme, that we are going to put a few chocolate seashells in for each person.
      Oh and matchbooks and mini maracas for the kids.
      Did I say I didn't want to spend a lot? Oh well. It's already done.

#13 Flasong

• 340 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:09 PM

I think the candy buffet is a great idea! I like the shot glass idea too. I collect them everywhere I go.

#14 zethers

• 135 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 11:10 AM

We ordered shot glasses for the actual DW so we could do a tequila toast as opposed to champagne. I ordered extra for the AHR. I gave them to the bartender and told her to give them away but they had to take a shot in order to have one. It was so much fun!! Then I went around and gave out shot glasses to others with a full shot in them, and some with water for those I know don't drink, just so they could join in the fun.

Since we did a Fiesta themed, I went into downtown L.A. and bought a bunch of Mexican candy with little bags, it was a huge hit, we received a lot of compliments.

#15 shan13

• 189 posts

Posted 02 October 2009 - 04:17 PM

I am planning to do a cookie buffet & not sure if I wanna do dice wine stoppers or lottery tickets....I am leaning more towards the wine stoppers though!

#16 clfaidl2

• 333 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 07:41 AM

the candy is a nice idea. I was thinking about giving a donation to the humane society. They give you cards saying you made the donation. That way the guests know instead of favors, the money went to a cause.

#17 futuremrsgoodrich

• 361 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 12:46 AM

I like the candy buffet... gosh, I need to think of this myself... we are spending so much on the DW that there isnt a whole lot left for the AHR and we are scrambling a bit

#18 kat_mc13

• 67 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:51 PM

We're doing a candy buffet too! We're also making wine as favours, one of types is a tropical sangria - I thought it would sort of tie in to the island theme

#19 FutureMrsRell

• 82 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 12:51 AM

We are going to have a PhotoBooth. At the bottom of the strip we can put our own little message... probably something simple like "Matt and Kristie, June 2010"

#20 *Meagan*

• 5,521 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 03:47 AM

Hi there. We did a candy buffet for our almost married reception. It was a huge hit! BUt for everything bags, scoops, candy and containers cost me close to $700. You need to make sure you have enough for everyone is the huge thing! But they loved it!

For our AHR we are doing a photobooth. We hired this amazing company and they have tons of props and frames. Totally awesome. AND when they print they print 8 pictures. 4 each side by side.. 4 for the person/couple to take home and a set of 4 to go in our guestbook and then they sign it. So its the best of both worlds!

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users