AHR Wedding Favors

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 dst10spr97

• 28 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:10 PM

Ladies, what are you doing for your wedding favors for those having an at home reception. I thought about a candy buffett and using that as my favors, but my reception is Halloween Night and there will already be a ton of candy floating around somewhere. I don't know what I want to use, some of the favors are expensive. Also did you order an amount equal to your number of guests, expecting that everyone would take one? I'll be having a very large AHR but I'm wondering if I should order enough for everyone or just barely enough so I won't have anything left over.

• 427 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:15 PM

The candy buffet is a great idea and inexpensive!!! I think the adults and children will both be able to enjoy.

#3 Ginalyn

• 2,754 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 09:33 AM

Candy would be perfect for your AHR on Halloween night!

#4 erinleigh

• 316 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:32 PM

The candy buffet is a perfect idea. We are having our AHR at Christmas, so I'm making christmas bulbs filled with sand a little shells (a beach in a bulb), I'll attach a little tag to it with our wedding date or something.

#5 ~Debra~

• 500 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:42 AM

We are doing candy...keeping it pretty traditional. at least that's what I always see when I attend a reception. But I agree with everyone else, candy would be fitting since you're having it on Halloween.

#6 sweetiekris

• 41 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 11:51 AM

Thats a great idea especially if u are going with a halloween theme. Get one favor per couple its cheaper

#7 estella1007

• 475 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 12:13 PM

I am doing personalized shot glasses. I got 120 of them on ebay for only $72. The guy is super nice too. He will customize them and create your own design for free. I haven't gotten them yet,so I can't vouch for the quality. But they look pretty good for the price.
                120 New PERSONALIZED SHOT GLASSES Party Wedding Favors - eBay (item 350174902480 end time Sep-03-09 10:00:00 PDT)

#8 nsbride2010

• 2,528 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 12:20 AM

estella1007 that is actually a fantastic and unique idea! Very different from the norm, and sure to get a laugh (especially if paired with a catchy and funny note in reference to your wedding).
                  I think its a great idea for a candy buffet by the way, makes me wish our wedding was close enough to Halloween that we could do that! :)
                  Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#9 Lara

• 179 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:37 PM

estella1007, I was thinking of the same thing - I love the shot glass idea! Let us know how yours turn out=)

#10 Stamperamma

• 432 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 03:57 PM

We are having an AHR, our theme for the party will be a beach cocktail party. We are giving messages in a bottle along with table setting decorations as well we ordered enough mugs for everyone that is invited to the at home reception.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users