Jump to content

Photo

February 2010 brides


  • Please log in to reply
2780 replies to this topic

#371 FutureMsMoulton

FutureMsMoulton
  • Member
  • 762 posts

    Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:13 PM

    Shellk--- Yea!! Thats great that the FI got a job! It is so stressful to worry about money and weddings! Now go buy your self something amazing to wear on your wedding day!

    #372 Meyer2010

    Meyer2010
    • Jr. Member
    • 429 posts

      Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:22 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by svetayasofiya
      It's all how you word it... just say something like- ''I was thinking... and as fun as it would be to have you do my hair... I think I am going to be so stressed out the day of the wedding that maybe I should just go to the salon... what if something happened? It would take a lot of pressure off of you, and that way you can just relax, but thank you so much for the offer...''
      Ok that wasn't awesomely wrote but you get the idea... she'll either be happy she doesn't have to do it, or she'll press on with '' no no no, really I WANT to do it,'' in that case you're screwed, LOL jk. You have to do what you are comfortable with on your wedding day and she will understand. I don't see how she could be offended. My friend wasn't. She was relieved... she didn't want the pressure of ruining my hair. With the humidity and stuff down there, she was unsure of how my hair would react and wasn't comfortable doing it in the end.

      Plus you also have the excuse of wanting to be at the salon with everyone else! Don't be afraid... do what you want to do!! :)
      Thanks for the great advice svetayasofiya!

      Okay, not to freak you out BUT.....

      99 Days!!! You are at double digits.... ahhhhhhh!!!!! J/K

      ~ Erica

      #373 Krista_H

      Krista_H
      • Jr. Member
      • 428 posts

        Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:45 PM

        Okay enough with the numbers - there is enough freaking out going on as is. :)

        #374 futuremrsgoodrich

        futuremrsgoodrich
        • Jr. Member
        • 361 posts

          Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:41 AM

          I feel terrible tonight you guys... have y'all got your flowers all sorted out? Do you know where your reception with be or rehearsal dinner time/place? Do you have any idea of what the cost will be on the day. The WC at our resort has not been returning calls/emails and none of this is set up and 2 days ago I got pissed and told my TA who called her sup and now I just feel like a huge old pain in the ass. Am I a jerk for being concerned about this??

          #375 vdaybride

          vdaybride
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,412 posts

            Posted 12 November 2009 - 01:49 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by futuremrsgoodrich
            I feel terrible tonight you guys... have y'all got your flowers all sorted out? Do you know where your reception with be or rehearsal dinner time/place? Do you have any idea of what the cost will be on the day. The WC at our resort has not been returning calls/emails and none of this is set up and 2 days ago I got pissed and told my TA who called her sup and now I just feel like a huge old pain in the ass. Am I a jerk for being concerned about this??
            Aww I am sorry that you are feeling down. You should not feel like a jerk for wanting to have things finalized so close to your big day. The WC should feel like the jerk for not doing her job!

            I had the same problem in the beginning of the planning process. It seems that there is a team of WC at most of the resorts. I called after having none of my emails or phone calls returned (for 3 weeks straight) and I was connected to another coordinator after letting the person who answered the phone know that I was trying to plan a wedding at the resort, but I had not been successful. THey changed my coordinator and it has been wonderful ever since. I say all tht to say maybe you can call and find out if there is someone else who could help you. You never know you could greatly reduce your stress level with one phone call.
            Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

             


            #376 Raykel

            Raykel
            • Jr. Member
            • 489 posts

              Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:50 AM

              Thanks TeNeil....I know I used to see them around. I will see what I can find, otherwise I do go to Cowtown with a fair bit of regularity:)

              #377 SusieQ

              SusieQ
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,603 posts

                Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:17 AM

                Hey Shells, Glad to hear FI got a new job.

                Futuremrsgoodrich, I agree with vdaybride, you just want answers and it is a stressful time with the holidays just around the corner. I would be pissed too, it has to go into the budget and it is just a couple months away. I totally would be freaking out and demanding a price list and some pictures.

                Sorry is 3am here "Sue" isn't sleeping, I read the post about the friend wanting to do the brides hair the day of the wedding (sorry I forget which lovely bride this is) I think I'd be worried about her and her baby and she being able to focus that day. Just tell her I am sorry I just need you there as my friend and not to be worrying about my hair.

                I had another fitting on my dress tonite "forgot my camera". my FMIL probably wouldn't have been able to work it anyway. the dress is looking great and should be ready next week. I am very excited.

                I also talked to FMIL about the fur coat and explained how I was feeling about owning something so beautiful and accepting something so expensive the I know I'll never wear.
                She was really good about it, and was totally ok with the thanks but no thanks. So guess what? In two weeks we're going shopping for a dress for her (not sure where with all the winter stuff being out) and we're going shopping for diamond ear rings. She really liked that idea.
                So no worries about a paint can being thrown at me for wearing a fur coat, I will just sparkle and a sparkle looks good even if your wearing jeans and a t shirt. Very happy girl here.
                I should try to go back to bed... nite chickies

                #378 Meyer2010

                Meyer2010
                • Jr. Member
                • 429 posts

                  Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:35 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by SusieQ
                  Hey Shells, Glad to hear FI got a new job.

                  Futuremrsgoodrich, I agree with vdaybride, you just want answers and it is a stressful time with the holidays just around the corner. I would be pissed too, it has to go into the budget and it is just a couple months away. I totally would be freaking out and demanding a price list and some pictures.

                  Sorry is 3am here "Sue" isn't sleeping, I read the post about the friend wanting to do the brides hair the day of the wedding (sorry I forget which lovely bride this is) I think I'd be worried about her and her baby and she being able to focus that day. Just tell her I am sorry I just need you there as my friend and not to be worrying about my hair.

                  I had another fitting on my dress tonite "forgot my camera". my FMIL probably wouldn't have been able to work it anyway. the dress is looking great and should be ready next week. I am very excited.

                  I also talked to FMIL about the fur coat and explained how I was feeling about owning something so beautiful and accepting something so expensive the I know I'll never wear.
                  She was really good about it, and was totally ok with the thanks but no thanks. So guess what? In two weeks we're going shopping for a dress for her (not sure where with all the winter stuff being out) and we're going shopping for diamond ear rings. She really liked that idea.
                  So no worries about a paint can being thrown at me for wearing a fur coat, I will just sparkle and a sparkle looks good even if your wearing jeans and a t shirt. Very happy girl here.
                  I should try to go back to bed... nite chickies
                  Hey SusieQ!!!

                  The "hair" bride is ME... I think I will let her down gently and use the salon at my resort for my hair. I think she should understand.

                  Another fitting.. yayyy!!!! Was your dress hanging in the window like last time, ready to greet you? Hee-hee. That is so exciting!!! I can't wait until it is hanging in your closet!!!

                  That's great that the FMIL understands the issue on the fur coat. Diamond Earrings... you are sooooo lucky! What kind will you get? Studs? Drop? Chandelier? Come on you have to have some kind of idea?!?!?

                  Okay... Good night girls!

                  ~ Erica (China Girl)

                  #379 svetayasofiya

                  svetayasofiya
                  • Member
                  • 590 posts

                    Posted 12 November 2009 - 11:44 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by SusieQ
                    ....So no worries about a paint can being thrown at me for wearing a fur coat, I will just sparkle and a sparkle looks good even if your wearing jeans and a t shirt. Very happy girl here.
                    I should try to go back to bed... nite chickies
                    LOVE IT! Just thought that was the cutest. Congrats on your 2nd dress fitting, can'T wait to see more pics, and I am glad it all worked out with the FMIL.

                    I still have to post my adventures from last weekend... I have some FMIL stories...

                    #380 shellk

                    shellk
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,784 posts

                      Posted 12 November 2009 - 06:09 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by FutureMsMoulton
                      Shellk--- Yea!! Thats great that the FI got a job! It is so stressful to worry about money and weddings! Now go buy your self something amazing to wear on your wedding day!
                      thankyou its a big weight off our minds.he starts on monday.he may well deserve another sexy outfit for boudoir shoot.i have finally got it booked for december 4th.10am though so not have time for may glasses of wine before hand




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users