Photo

October 2010 Brides?

• Please log in to reply
582 replies to this topic

#311 Cindy*

Cindy*
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:54 PM

Hi Jayski, welcome to the October 2010 bride thread.

So I went to try on my dress on Saturday and I asked them when I should have it altered. I leave for my wedding October 23rd. The salon told me I should make my first appointment for the alterations for the end of August so about 7 weeks before I leave for the wedding. I guess it is different at every salon as someone else mentioned their salon would charge them extra 7 weeks before the wedding.

#312 Cindy*

Cindy*
    • 2,655 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:59 PM

Oh so here is the kicker, I had to order my dress in a bigger size to fit my bust. When I ordered it, it was too big in the waist and hips but fit in the bust. Well I've lost a few pounds, not much at all but now the dress is too big in the bust too. Had I ordered a size down, it probably would have fit perfect and not needed any alterations. Oh well, I am hoping to lose 9 lbs before the final alterations so I figure it would have had to be altered anyway.

#313 wendyjd

wendyjd
      • 968 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:10 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by jayski
        Hey! I'm getting married Oct 22 2010 at the NOW Jade riviera, was hoping for Dreams but they were fully booked!! Congrats x
        Welcome to the October group. Hope the planning is going well.

I have this odd calm feeling about the wedding and I'm not sure why. No one has booked, family still plans to (or so they say), but we will be there with a photographer and in the end, we will be married.

#314 avong1228

avong1228
        • 384 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:18 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by jayski
          Hi, our wedding is at the NOW Jade Oct 22 2010, just wondered when you booked at the sapphire as it wasn't an option when we booked x
          I booked back in December or January.

#315 jessicas

jessicas
          • 8 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:33 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by RunningBride24
            Ah Wendy I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. I'm glad he recovered so quickly though. I hope he continues to have good health!

So you're not supposed to use Zoom? I had cancer when I was 3! Crazy! I'm going to look into that. I usually use crest white strips and plan to do that before the wedding.

As far as weight loss goes, diet is the hardest part. People do not realize that what they burn is not as much as they think, and extra calories add up fast. I'm a marathon runner but am working on gaining muscle so I've been lifting weights 5 days a week instead of just 3 and also heavier weights. Cardio is great, but if you're just putting in the time and not the effort it won't get you the results you desire. Every time I do cardio it has a purpose. Ha, I'm obsessed with fitness and manage a personal training company, so I go off on the subject a lot......
            Hi there,

I need some adivce! I have trouble eating a certain number of calories - I find that I get really hungry and go past my calorie limit. Any tips for managing hunger and keeping calorie counts low?

#316 glenny05

glenny05
            • 61 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:40 PM

Hi everyone,
              I just ordered some stuff from vistaprint including my pre-departure brochures (thanks to all the great ideas from other girls in the forum) and would like to share. How's everyone else doing on planning?
              Click the image to open in full size.
              Click the image to open in full size.
              Glenny & Anthony
              Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana
              October 9th, 2010

http://tickers.Ticke....EPK/weight.png
              http://img.weddingco....i63z9ajt1q.png

#317 MayanLily

MayanLily
              • 316 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:37 PM

oh wow Glenny, that's amazing! I do love vistaprint. Makes me want to make a brochure too.... almost LOL just too much work.
                Aly

#318 Cindy*

Cindy*
                • 2,655 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:55 PM

I bought my TTD tonight. One of the local bridal stores was doing a twilight madness sale where the store was open till 11 and certain sample dresses were on sale for 50% or more. I decided why not go check it out as I had tried on a dress there that I really liked but it was way too expensive for my TTD. Well, of course, that one was not on sale. They only had a few chiffon flowy dresses so I decided to try them all one. Well turns out I loved one that I never would have imagined I would have liked. THe best part, it was 75% off of $450, so with taxes I paid only $120 for a TTD I love.

#319 RunningBride24

RunningBride24
                  • 539 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 11:59 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jessicas
                    Hi there,

I need some adivce! I have trouble eating a certain number of calories - I find that I get really hungry and go past my calorie limit. Any tips for managing hunger and keeping calorie counts low?

PROTEIN!!! I'm becoming a little meathead but I'm getting the muscle tone I've wanted! I eat protein with every meal and no carbs after 12 noon. Do you ever buy protein powder (whey) and drink protein shakes (with water or almond milk)? Try, you'll feel so full and bloated that you won't be hungry! My supper every night is a chicken breast on a lettuce salad with pepper and spray butter. I'm not usually this strict, but I only have one wedding!! :) PM me if you need any more advice. I'm finally seeing results because I started practicing what I preach!
                    ~The future Mrs. Thompson~10*10*10

#320 RunningBride24

RunningBride24
                    • 539 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:00 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by wendyjd
                      Welcome to the October group. Hope the planning is going well.

I have this odd calm feeling about the wedding and I'm not sure why. No one has booked, family still plans to (or so they say), but we will be there with a photographer and in the end, we will be married.

LOL Wendy I liked this post!!! I finally had to tell myself to chill out about people booking. My girls/family have booked, but the groomsmen are not in any hurry. I spun myself into a frenzy but then decided it wasn't worth it. You're so right, in the end, you will be married. I'm going to live by your motto. :) Hope all is well with you!
                      ~The future Mrs. Thompson~10*10*10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users