Photo

Need scroll art for DIY invites! Help!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Brenda&Jeff09

Brenda&Jeff09
  • 220 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:44 AM

I'm trying to plan out my own DIY invitations, and I have ideas in my head but can't find what I'm looking for... does anyone know where I can find/download some different scroll art designs? I'm looking for some kind of design to go up the left side of the invitation... I've been searching the internet and Word clip art, but not finding anything I like. Any ideas?

http://tickers.Ticke....2315/event.png

22 booked... we're ready to go!!!

#2 Sheeoni

Sheeoni
    • 68 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 02:05 PM

I'm not sure how artistically inclined you are, but what seems to work are programs like Photoshop. Of course, if you're like 99% of us out there, you don't have the kind of money for Photoshop in which case may I recommend a free program called GIMP... I just recently started using it, and it is comparable to the Student edition of Photoshop that I have (although that version is from 2003). The learning curve on graphics editing programs can be pretty steep, but usually if you google the program name and "tutorials" you might be able to find good ways to utilize the programs!
      After you get a graphics editor program, whichever it may be, you'll want to look for some downloadable brushes, which act like stamps for your pictures. So if you got a copy of Gimp, do a google search for Gimp Brushes, and hopefully that will help you out!
      Other key words to try aside from scroll might be swirl, or flourish. I hope this is what you were asking for.

#3 Brenda&Jeff09

Brenda&Jeff09
      • 220 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:06 PM

Thanks!!! I'll check it out... I've never heard of GIMP but I don't really want to spend the money on Photoshop, so I'll see if I can find GIMP. I'm not really talented with technology, but I can be artistic when inspired, so I'll give it a shot! Thanks for the info.

#4 JessicaM

JessicaM
        • Vendor
        • 1,969 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:21 PM

You can try dafont.com they have some fonts that have scrolls in them and they are free. Also you can download graphics from istockphoto.com too!

#5 da.shmoopies

da.shmoopies
          • 223 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:24 PM

You may want to check out iDiY.com they have lots of decorative items to download or copy. I used a graphic from that website for all my paper projects.

Dings: Flower Ornaments | iDiY

Also, dafont.com has some fonts that are scrollie-ish.

#6 Brenda&Jeff09

Brenda&Jeff09
            • 220 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:14 AM

Thanks you!! Great ideas...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users