Blog - Yellow is the "it" girl!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Mishka Designs

Mishka Designs
  • 1,574 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:05 AM

Wait until you get a look at this blog, my dear brides, and you may just forgive me for being absent so long! I get so involved when I start researching and then the blog becomes this huge thing! I might try taking this in smaller chunks so you don't continue to send me email with "wazzup" in the subject heading .

Yellow, my dear brides, is the new "it" this season - or at least it should be! Don't be afraid of yellow! Embrace your inner yellow! And, without further ado, here's the inspiration board....
    CANNOT INCLUDE IMAGE DUE TO lack of image space - if you want to see the design board, it's here: Click the image to open in full size.

And, as you know how much I love dresses (and shoes and and and!) I couldn't help but include these great bridesmaid finds ....

Upper right, very beautiful white lace with yellow satin bow (Sexy Red Frame); this retro, yet elegant bridesmaid ensemble (Kenzie Kate); in-between there's a yellow/white bridesmaid ensemble (Bridal Boutique Mr. Penguin).

Smack in the middle we have this awesome blue shoes/yellow dress photo (Green Wedding Shoes); and a very beachy, elegant dress (Tinkled Pink); bottom row we have this sassy golden yellow with purple bust (June Bug Weddings); up top bridesmaids in yellow with flower girl in white with yellow sash (DC Nearly Weds); this great satiny golden yellow dress (Forever 21); and last, but not least, these mellow yellow dresses (Stylist Events).

Click the image to open in full size.

In case you are still not convinced, here are some flowers - nice bright yellow ones!

Upper left, absolutely lovely calla lilies and what looks like a freesia/rose combination (Lindeman Weddings); I heart heart this dramatic bridesmaids in black with yellow floral ball bouquets (Wedding Bee Pro); in-between we have this nice, soft yellow bouquet (hmm - someplace on Flickr!).

Middle row we start with this yellow/purple bouquet (Fashion Bride); and this great calla Lilly/grass combination (Home and Family Network); in-between white and yellow bouquet (Alieli Florals).

Bottom row very elegant yellow bouquet with champagne wrap and bright, big yellow floral ball (Stylist Events); and ending with this fabulous yellow/white bouquet (Silk Wedding Flower Ideas).

This is where the yellow truly shines! Such bright, happy looking tables - who wouldn't have a good time?

I'm not sure whether to eat or adore this centerpiece with lemon slices and tulips (Porter House Designs); amazing dramatic black and yellow centerpieces (which, for some reason, remind me of Alice in Wonderland!) (In the Clouds Events); in-between, lemons in a tall glass vase (Yellow Brick Blog).

Middle we have this beautiful, elegant black and yellow tablescape (Think Like a Bride); lemons and green orchids (Lindeman Weddings); in-between white vase with yellow stripes and yellow flowers (Entertain Exchange).

Bottom row heart these white mum floral balls with yellow sashes (Wedding Belles Online); great table marker (love the design and the golden color!) (Stylist Events Blog); and these great yellow/black/white centerpieces (Think Like a Bride).

Before we get into the cakes and etc., I thought I would give a nod to two napkin accents I found. Top golden yellow with white design (Stylist Events); and navy blue napkins with yellow ribbon accent (With this Ring).

Yum yum! Can't forget the cake!

Top row I love this yellow present cake (Minette Rushing); middle, light yellow cake (Real Simple); I love the color and simplicity of the last cake in this row (With This Ring).

Middle row I also adore this yellow cake with white flowers (Martha Stewart Weddings); more golden yellow with white flowers with cool cartoon looking black car topper (Italian Lakes Wedding); heart heart this individual cakes with initials (somewhere on Flickr!).

Bottom row - starts with two golden yellow/purple cakes ... first one (The Sugar Syndicate); second one (somewhere on Flickr!); underneath a yellow-orange cake with white (Anna Whitford); I love this next cake but am not overly fond of the cake topper (Yellow Brick Blog); top a light yellow cake with white ribbon (very elegant, me thinks!) (Pink Cake Box); and bottom a white cake with yellow paper lace (Whipped Bake Shoppe on Flickr!).

In case you are still unsure, I went out to find design inspirations for yellow and found these!

Top left, this dress is just so dramatic and Spanish flair looking! (M-A-Belle); this was wallpaper, but I loved the texture and the design - could really do something great with this as a focal idea (Black White Yellow); loved this lounge area and could see this on the beach next to the dance floor! (Stylist Events).

Middle Row, loved this sunshine artwork (Michelle Geller); great yellow/black votives (Pepper Mags); heart heart this black lantern/yellow lamp motif (Lili Vieira de Carvalho).

Bottom row, fab shoes underneath a white dress! (Christian Lou Boutin); Underneath the shoes we have this great yellow/black lantern and yellow lamp (More Ways to Waste Time); heart heart this lighting affect (think dance floor dear brides!) (Project Wedding); and great inspirational wrapping paper ... top yellow cherry blossoms (Ph Designshop); bottom elegance found at The Cinderella Project.

As if trying to convince you that yellow is a GREAT color for a wedding wasn't hard enough, I've set my sights on another inspiration for next week ... perhaps July is mission impossible month .

#2 H&F

• 361 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 07:25 AM

Mishka, you always come up with such creative things! I love the bridesmaid's dresses you suggested!

#3 kenlyn8984

• 196 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 09:14 AM

my colors are going to be yellow, black, and white...so this gives me even more ideas!! thank you :)

#4 kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,921 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 09:18 AM

Cute! My AHR was yellow too:)
          It is such a fun and cheerful color. Perfect for the beach!!

#5 nikkigard

• 200 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:09 AM

Yellow IS a great color :) I love, love, love the Bridesmaid dresses too. Thanks for the neat ideas!

#6 Jess

• 4,455 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:05 PM

Thanks Mishka! Love this :) - yellow is one of my colors along with gray

#7 Love3

• 785 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:19 PM

not to keen on yellow especailly with the black as it remins me of bumble bees. The softer yellow is nice and great with a DW wedding

#8 jenniebey

• 842 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:33 PM

Great post Mishka! I never even thought of yellow for one of my colors but it looks so fun and cheerful...perfect for a DW!

#9 autjo

• 2,182 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:36 PM

Always love your posts Mishka! Thanks for being such an inspiration :)

#10 *Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 9,532 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:45 PM

Love yellow! We are doing our bedroom in black and white with bright yellow accents

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users