Sign in to follow this  
PVBride

Non-Floral Centerpiece Ideas

Our wedding property is very lush with flowers and greenery, and I am afraid that floral centerpieces will pale in comparison. I am considering these palm leaves, but afraid that they won't "stand out" either.

Click the image to open in full size.

Which lead me to these questions:

#1. What do you think of the palm centerpieces? and..

#2. Do you have any other ideas that may work better?

Thanks in advance!!

I think they look lovely! My only concern is (depending on the height), they may block the view for you guests. Maybe it's just me...but I know it drives me crazy when I'm at a wedding and I can't see the people seated across from me because of the centerpiece...kinda makes conversation hard.

I really like them. If you dont think they will stand out maybe you could incorporate some colour with a few flowers, ribbon, feathers. etc. Kinda anything to just punch them up a bit.

In a really great location, you don't have to worry too much about what's on your tables. Why compete with the natural decor, ya know?

Other ideas are fruit, stones, coral, shells...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan101207 View Post
I think they look lovely! My only concern is (depending on the height), they may block the view for you guests. Maybe it's just me...but I know it drives me crazy when I'm at a wedding and I can't see the people seated across from me because of the centerpiece...kinda makes conversation hard.
Same here! Drives me crazy if I have to look through something. However, these look tall enough that it wouldn't be bad... just the skinny vase wouldn't block too much.

But I also agree with Janet - in a place full of decor, why try and compete?

I really think those palm centerpieces are great! I love them.

But if you are looking for something smaller or just different, then I totally think Janet's ideas are great too. I especially love when people take those glass hurricane candle holders, fill the bottoms with something (fruit, stones etc. . .I LOVE the idea of coral!) and then float a couple candles on top. I think that would be beautiful. And I'm a candle girl so I'm a little biased I guess! :-)