Photo

What day of the week are you getting married?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#21 hunniebee724

hunniebee724
  • 340 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 03:12 PM

We didn't choose the day....we're doing an embarkation day wedding, and the ship leaves on a Thursday.

#22 GracieBebe

GracieBebe
    • 354 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 04:09 PM

We chose Wednesday b/c we wanted an easy day to remember and 9/9/09 fell on Wed. Also, most of our guests will fly in on Saturday and it will give us a few days to get acclimated to the time change and jet lag.
      - Grace
      Location - Chateau de Challain, Challain la Potherie, France
      Engagement Date - Sept. 6, 2008
      Wedding Date - Sept. 9, 2009
      Our Pro wedding photo website:http://fanelliweddin....l&startIndex=0Our wedding planning website:http://www.mywedding...graceandmichael

#23 baj

baj
      • 1,555 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 04:24 PM

The day was picked for us, should have been a Thursday but wanted a 4.00pm wedding so was able to change to the Firday at 4.00pm because would have been too early a time slot on the Thursday.

#24 Positanobride10

Positanobride10
        • 205 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:30 PM

We chose a Wednesday because of flights to/from Italy and Friday and Saturday weddings are drastically more expensive in Italy. Plus there is lower traffic in Positano during the week vice weekends.

#25 Positanobride10

Positanobride10
          • 205 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:33 PM

We chose a Wednesday because of flights to/from Italy. Plus the price difference is crazy from week day to weekend.

#26 itsfinallyhere

itsfinallyhere
            • 573 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 08:58 AM

We choose Monday, because I hate Mondays! Hoping this puts a good spin on them!!! LOL Because there are no Moandays on vacation! And since all our guests have to come for the week, we wanted them to have as much time to themselves as possible. We also plan on doing a few excursions during them week. But we also wanted to get the festivities done with so I would get stressed out over things. We will be there four days befor to finalize all arrangements.

#27 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
              • 2,754 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:25 AM

We chose a Thursday simply because it's what the resort had available!

#28 Geralyn

Geralyn
                • 2,677 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:39 AM

Saturday ~ It was easier for people to take off

#29 PCBride

PCBride
                  • 39 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:30 PM

We wanted a Saturday wedding because our group is traveling Thurs-Monday...but then decided I would drive myself nuts and since there is no residency requiremen in the DR moved it to Friday. I get half a day Thursday to fret and worry and cry about whatever...and then I marry my love on Friday and then I have two whole days of relaxing with family and friends and fly back home Monday!

#30 ~*DiAnE*~

~*DiAnE*~
                    • 1,418 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:40 PM

Ours is Thursday - I didn't even look til now! Like Nikki said - everyday is Saturday!! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users