Photo

Adult only resort or not?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#11 md2002

md2002
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 12:44 PM

I'm interested in this topic because my finace wants adult only but I don't really care. I've been to both in the past and the kids dont really bother me.

Problem is I have a niece and nephew I would LOVE to have at my wedding and they are 7 and 5. I am being told that Sandals may not permit them to come onto the property even if it is just for the wedding. This would be in the Bahamas, so I'm not sure what we are doing?

I never minded a resort with kids though. We may go April vacation so adults only may be a good idea since thats when everyone goes on vacation.

#12 DelightfulDani

DelightfulDani
    • 99 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:41 AM

My preference is for adults only, but i do have friends that have young kids. 

It was helpful to hear about the secrets experience as it is something I will have to keep in mine for guest who would be coming solo

#13 seka21

seka21
      • 150 posts

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:04 AM

We decided on an adults only too. We wanted it to be a little more intimate

#14 KathyandEthan

KathyandEthan
        • 170 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 18, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire
        • LocationCancun Mexico

Posted 10 May 2014 - 09:02 PM

if you aren't bringing any kids then i would say adult only. 

#15 xxalex18

xxalex18
        • 151 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:56 AM

I would recommend an adults only resort if none of your guests have children. They are more suited to adults :)

#16 veryvalentine

veryvalentine
          • 678 posts
          • Wedding Date:June 20, 2015
          • Wedding Location:Grand Sunset Princess - Mayan Riviera
          • LocationToronto

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:03 AM

We are able to strike the perfect balance.  We are going to have  the option for guests to stay at the Grand Sunset Princess (Mayan Riviera) and also the option of staying at the Adults only new hotel right beside it called the Platinum Yucatan Princess.  We are going to try to have some group events so people can hang out and bond as well.  The wedding will be held at the sunset part of the hotel so everyone can attend.

Married on June 20th, 2015 at the Grand Sunset Princess Riviera Gazebo & Reception at the Chill Out with 60 guests

My planning thread:  http://www.bestdesti...unset-princess/

My review thread:  http://www.bestdesti...incess-wedding/

#17 Lia33

Lia33
          • 232 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 18, 2015
          • Wedding Location:Valentin Imperial Maya Riviera Maya, Mexico
          • LocationNew York

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:52 AM

Many of our guests have children but we definitely opted for adults only - we want everyone to have fun without worrying about watching the kids! Doesn't seem to be much of a deterrent - they have already picked out babysitters :)

#18 beckys98

beckys98
          • 543 posts
          • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
          • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:07 AM

We reluctantly went with family friendly...We would have gladly gone adults only except it is our siblings who would be bringing kids. We think we'll only end up with 3 total kids on the trip, which hardly seems worth the sacrifice. But we'd be so sad if our siblings stayed at a different resort and missed all the fun.

#19 LauraM

LauraM
          • 232 posts
          • Wedding Date:May 1, 2015
          • Wedding Location:Beach Palace, Cancun Mexico

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:44 PM

We chose a family resort because we want SOME (not all... certain children are not being invited, sorry) of our guests so feel free to bring their family for a vacation. Turns out no one actually wants to bring their children lol, now i almost wish i chose and adults only. Talk to your guests before making a final decision about a family vs adults only resort

#20 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
          • 4,506 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
          • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
          • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:05 PM

I have stayed at both.  We felt the adults only resort was a geriatric ward, but I think it's a hit and miss -- could have just been the week, you know?  We said we would probably never stay at another one!  

They also tend to be more expensive as you are paying for no children to be around.

I am in my mid 30's and my fiance is 40 and sometimes we wished to have some amusement from the drunk 20 year olds!   Also, we found the music wasn't as loud, it didn't play all day, and the entertainment lacked.  This was in Cuba and I haven't stayed at an adults only elsewhere so maybe it was only this resort?

For your wedding, just decide if you want kids or not. If you want NO kids 100% an adult only resort is a safe bet!

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users