freaking out... Did I choose the right dress? Too poofy?!

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 *Meagan*

• 5,521 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:04 PM

Hey all!! I know there are a bunch of brides out there worried that they chose the wrong dress and I am def one of them. Im so nervous, stressed and hesitant. Even though there prob. is not much I can do now, as I have already ordered the dress back in March and it already came in!! And I went and tried it on again and it is pretty and I like it a lot. But Im worried how do I know its right? I loved too many and I did keep going back to this one. But I only tried on maybe 12 dresses or so. I dunno. Its a once in a life time thing and Im just worried. There are sooo many dresses out there, Im really concerned and worried I made the wrong decision!

I would love to hear what everyone thinks! Thanks so much!!!

This is my dress its a maggie.. the Harriet
    Click the image to open in full size.

#2 *Meagan*

• 5,521 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:05 PM

Also Im concerned its too "poofy" even though technically its not a poofy ballerina type dress! Anyone else going poofy?!

#3 *~*Mel*~*

• 647 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:08 PM

I think that it's a beautiful dress! Not too poofy at all. Maybe if you're unsure you could always try on a few other dresses to compare? That might reinforce your decision or give you othe options. All in all though I think that it's a great dress but it comes down to how you feel about it! Make sure that you don't settle if you don't think it's right.

#4 courtney_b00

• 417 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:11 PM

That dress is beautiful hun! And I do not think it is at all poofy...it's perfect! For me, I just felt a connection to the dress, silly, right? Haha but it just felt right!

#5 midnight24

• 754 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:41 PM

it's a beautiful dress! you shouldn't hestitate whatsoever.

#6 KimmyG

• 520 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:45 PM

It's not poofy. It's beautiful! If you're concerned it's too "big" you may consider having the train shortened, that wouldn't be a major haul-over and would make it a bit lighter.

#7 CourtneyV

• 4,979 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:04 AM

No, I don't think it's too poofy... mine was poofier than that, and although it got a little toasty at times, it made me feel like a princess on my wedding day. I loved it! The slimmer fitting, more light-weight dresses just weren't for me. If this is the dress you love, then that's all that matters!! :)
                Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#8 DGG

• 275 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:07 AM

That dress is beautiful and definitely not t0o poofy :).
                  If you love the dress, don't worry at all about it being too poofy for a DW - it is your wedding and you should wear whatever you want no matter where it is :).
                  When I got my dress, everyone convinced me not to get anything poofy or with a train - then I found this other poofy dress I fell in love with and I ended up buying that one at the last minute and am so happy I went with what I wanted - and everyone said it looked beautiful even though they originally told me it was a bad idea to have a train or a poofy dress on the beach..
                  You do have time to get another dress if you are unsure though - I would try going to try on some other dresses and see - either it'll confirm that this is the dress for you or if you find something you like better, at least there is still time to change things..

#9 purrfected

• 396 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:17 AM

I love that dress and I do not think that it is too poofy at all! I think you should follow your heart and you will make the right choice!

#10 saltocoach

• 235 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:17 AM

It's beautiful! What a great choice. It'll look incredible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users