Sign in to follow this  
msemi305

Hiccups - How do you get rid of them??

My dad swears (and it usually works) that if you drink 7 gulps of water without taking a breath it should stop them!

I just wanted to point out all these "breathing and swallowing" stuff is really stretching out your diaphragm which is why they sometimes work. wink.gif

Ditto! Everyone always tells me this is stupid and it doesn't work, but I swear by it. Works every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcz0702 View Post
When I get hiccups I drink a glass of water with a paper towel over the top (so you drink through the paper towel) and it always gets rid of them.

this sounds silly but somehow (usually) works... (only if you're with someone else)

have them ask you what your middle name is (at a random time)

you reply

they say, "your hiccups are gone"

lol silly, I know

I honestly get hiccups all the time! At work they always laugh at me b/c I have them like everyday and they go away then come back...and it keeps going. I've tried several things sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. A spoonful of sugar or a spoonful of peanut butter seem to be the best.

I hold my index finger in front of my face (or if with FI I get him to hold his finger up). I stare at it for 1 minute and their gone!! LOL! It sounds so stupid but hey, whatever works.