Photo

Are you paying for your bridesmaids dresses?

• Please log in to reply
412 replies to this topic

#181 Mkandola

Mkandola
  • 200 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:03 AM

I am not paying for my bridesmaids dresses ($270 each) but I will be buying them a significant gift instead. 

#182 clairelouise

clairelouise
    • 16 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 12:13 PM

I am paying for them. Every bride Ive known has paid for her BMs dresses. And as we're having a destination wedding there is no way I can ask someone to first come to Hawaii and second pay for a dress on top of it. I need them to save their money for their plane ticket!

#183 Valentine_Baby

Valentine_Baby
      • 452 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:50 AM

I am in the same boat.  I never wanted them to pay $200 for their dress but I absolutely love it.  I might end up paying for half of their dresses (I have 4 BMs).  Unfortunately it's not in the budget to put out $800 for the dresses.

#184 skadow

skadow
        • Banned
        • 1,853 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:06 AM

I am only having two Brides Maids.

One is my Niece and I am going to take her shopping and pay for it. We are going to make a weekend out of it. The other is my FI's Sister.

We are doing an all white wedding. The dresses do not need to be matching. I told her she can wear whatever she wants as long as its a white dress. So No I am not paying for hers.

Short answer...I am paying for 50percent of the dresses =)

#185 skadow

skadow
          • Banned
          • 1,853 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by skadow 

I am only having two Brides Maids.

One is my Niece and I am going to take her shopping and pay for it. We are going to make a weekend out of it. The other is my FI's Sister.

We are doing an all white wedding. The dresses do not need to be matching. I told her she can wear whatever she wants as long as its a white dress. So No I am not paying for hers...Also She already owns a white dress she looks beautiful in. So hopefully she can just wear that.

Short answer...I am paying for 50percent of the dresses =)

#186 JKL_WeddingMexico

JKL_WeddingMexico
            • 130 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 09:52 AM

My Bridesmaids are paying for there own dresses. I will be getting them other gifts to give out at our Welcome Dinner. The dresses we got were a good deal being only $99.00 so they all said they could afford it on top of the wedding.

#187 hzak1203

hzak1203
              • 177 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 10:29 AM

My bridesmaids are paying for their own dresses.  I chose the color and material and they got to choose whatever style looked best on them.  I spent a lot on their gifts plan on doing something special for them on the cruise:)

#188 Mandy Canada

Mandy Canada
                • 79 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 10:32 AM

I am paying for their dresses and shoes however I had a budget and they could go over if they wanted to pay themselves, we found dresses for $35 at SuzyShier and I am hoping the sandles will be around $50-60 each, I have 4 bridesmaides.

#189 a&p_lenz

a&p_lenz
                  • 9 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:33 AM

Hello,

Since all my bridesmaids were paying to come to my destination wedding, I did pay for their dresses.  Mine were actually only $110, so it was not that bad.  Even though yours are $175, I still would have paid for them.  We paid for the groomsmens' shirts too.

#190 alison15

alison15
                    • 356 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:37 AM

I paid for my BM dresses.  I am already asking them to spend a ton of money to come, I didn't want them to have to purchase a dress on top of it.  I found mine on sale at Target.com (some online dresses are not available in the store) and were only $20 each.  I have 7 BM's but still was very cheap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users