Marrying an Island Boy

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 SnoopyNut

• 5 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 10:21 PM

Hello all ~

My name is Tammy and I will be marrying my sweetheart on Magens Bay in St Thomas. Troy was actually raised in St Thomas till he was a teenager so it's a destination wedding for us, but not much of his family.

Wedding Date - May 28, 2010 and the day can't get here soon enough.

We met on Chemistry.com in September of 2007 and both knew it was something special. We have three "kidz" - the four legged furry kind (dogs) and live in the Atlanta Area. My family is all located in Arizona, his parents and siblings are down in Orlando, and the rest of his family is still in St Thomas.

I posted more details in the St Thomas general chat last night. Looking forward to getting and sharing details with everyone, and making some new friends that are in the same boat I am! :)

#2 budgetjamaicabride

• 516 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 10:27 PM

Welcome and congrats! I know you will find lots of resources and friends here.

#3 *HOLLY*

• Banned
      • 3,639 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 10:31 PM

I am also getting married on Megans Bay Beach on April 2nd 2010. Welcome :)

#4 Dmitri_Markine

• Vendor
        • 2,782 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 11:07 PM

Welcome to the forum!

#5 O'Driscoll Photography

O'Driscoll Photography
          • 4,853 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 11:12 PM

Welcome and congrats, Tammy!

Best wishes,

#6 Ashley0802

• 279 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 11:21 PM

Congrats & Welcome! It should be extra nice having all of his family there to celebrate with you!

#7 hbsbride

• 331 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 11:39 PM

Welcome to the forum!

#8 AugustBride2B

• 312 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 12:00 AM

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!

#9 SnoopyNut

• 5 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 12:27 AM

Thank you all for the warm welcome. It's an exciting time and fun to have a group to share it with that are just as excited.

Ashley - having his family there is going to be great. The guest count I was anticipating doubled once his mother sent the address list. We are looking at 50+ at this point. But it's all good.

Our WC is working on the first of the planning right now. We met with her last Thursday and it felt so good to dump all my thoughts and research on her and have her help me sort through it. We are bringing our WC and Photographer from here. I met them at a bootcamp several months ago and we just clicked. Granted it's going to cost us a bit extra in their travel expenses, but well worth it for my peace of mind. We have room for them at the villa we are considering (more for it's outdoor space for the reception than anything else), so it's all seeming to work out.

#10 IvanG

• Vendor
                    • 967 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 12:26 PM

Hola Tammy,

Congratulations and welcome to the forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users