Photo

Custom made wedding dress in progress!

• Please log in to reply
270 replies to this topic

#171 RN2B

RN2B
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 07:15 PM

That is exciting! It will also be sentimental!

#172 breeze616

breeze616
    • 1,760 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 07:15 PM

I've been watching your thread for awhile now Lisa and I am so excited for you! And by December who knows how much weight you'll have lost! That dress is going to look even more gorgeous on you now!! Can't wait to see the final product!!

#173 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
      • 2,287 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 09:27 PM

I'm so super excited!!

#174 Meyer2010

Meyer2010
        • 429 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:18 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by lisaloo79
          Just another quick update!

I emailed my aunt about the dress. Told her about my weight-loss and she was SUPER happy for me! She then informed me that she will be home on the 10th of December - about 3 weeks before I leave. I think it'll be enough time for her to alter the dress, at least I'm hoping that it is. I plan on taking pictures this week of me in the dress so I'll post them as soon as I can. I'm getting excited now!!!!!
          Awesome Job Girl!!!!

Keep up the good work, send some good karma my way, I'm trying to drop some pounds too!

Can't wait for the updates!!

#175 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
          • 2,287 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 08:26 PM

Hi ladies!

I thought that I would post some pictures that my mom took this past friday. As some of you know, I've now lost 16.6 pounds, which is awesome, but now the dress doesn't really fit.

Here's what the dress looks like on me now (sorry, bad hair day! lol)
            Click the image to open in full size.

what I would like the dress to look like by raising up the empire waist and pulling the dress closer to me

the amount of material that I am holding, to pull the dress back to fit me better

and the lace-up, which now doesn't even look nice because my shape has changed so much

here's a pic of my hair flower that my aunt made to match the one on the dress. I believe it's too big, so she'll make it smaller

My aunt does know about my weight-loss but I have yet to send her some pics. I'm going to be super busy over the next few weeks as we're moving, so once we settle in, I'll be sending her some pics.

Enjoy ladies and thank you so much for all your kind words and support throught this process. Although it's not quite done yet, we're getting there!! WOO HOO!!!

#176 SusieQ

SusieQ
            • 1,603 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 08:41 PM

that is totally awesome and the physical and emotional stress of moving' you'll be down more weight very quickly. Good going girl.... You look beautiful

#177 Meyer2010

Meyer2010
              • 429 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 09:03 PM

LISA!!!!

YOU INSPIRE ME! You are going to be a beautiful bride! I LOVE the dress and the hair flower!

Good luck on your move! I had my dress custom made too, I just picked it up on Saturday! I love it! I wish I could post some pictures but I don't have enough posts yet!

Keep up the good work!!!

#178 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
                • 2,287 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 09:04 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by SusieQ
                  that is totally awesome and the physical and emotional stress of moving' you'll be down more weight very quickly. Good going girl.... You look beautiful
                  or I'll eat even more - that's more like me! lol

#179 Patti

Patti
                  • 555 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 09:13 PM

Lisa, congratulations on your weight loss. I know what you mean about the dress not fitting now. I've lost 20 pounds and don't even want to have mine altered until November because I'm hoping to lose 5 - 10 more. The dress is beautiful and you will be too!!

#180 *Linds*

*Linds*
                    • 5,776 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:10 PM

I'm anxious to see the progress!
                      Loving married life! <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users