How could I be so stupid?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 MarieSam

• VIP Member
  • 2,336 posts
    • LocationSouthern California

Posted 09 June 2009 - 04:53 PM

awww Tammy I'm so sorry, yanno I had my car broken into in front of my house like a year ago. My car was such a mess at the time I couldn't even figure out right away what they stole. But days, weeks later I started to recall things that were inside that had been taken. The dumb shit(s) happened to take some OOT bag stuff (straw beach mats - yeah why I don't know), my lucky business suit and a super nice $$$$ garment bag, and the irreplaceable -- a bag of like 40+ cards my FMIL received on her suprise 60th bday party which I was going to put together in an album as a keepsake. ugh i felt awful....

i know the feeling sucks right now, especially all the hassle of canceling stuff/cards etc., but just remember for the most part those things can be replaced. i'm so sorry you no longer have your cousin's pic but you've got those memories in your heart

and lastly just remember karma is a biatch....the person who did that to you will get there's, and somehow luck will come your way twofold

#12 jk1101

• 2,582 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 05:16 PM

I am so sorry that happened to you. Being robbed is a horrible feeling, and losing all of your things is terrible. Sending a virtual hug to you, and I will tell you that my mom had her bag stolen out of a rest stop bathroom (keep your eyes on your purse ladies) and her stuff was returned several months later. It can happen.

#13 IslamoradaBride

• 459 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 05:23 PM

Oh sweetie, that is so awful! I had a bunch of luggage stolen about 10 years ago (long long story) and I am still upset about it. I hope you can file a claim and get some reimbursement, but I know that the emotional wounds take a lot longer to heal. Take care of yourself.

#14 sunset78

• 1,280 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 05:40 PM

Ugh, that would suck. I have had a car broken into once, they didn't steal much since there wasn't much to steal, but still, you feel so violated. Hope the person gets what they deserve for being a scumbag someday.

#15 JoLo908

• 889 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 06:00 PM

Ughhh Tammy, I went through the same thing when I got my bag stolen with my keys, liscence, $300 cash, and a new digital camera.... you feel so violated.... but as much as this stinks, look at it as a lesson. That's what I did to put a spin on it. Now, whenever I go out, I NEVER hang my bag on my chair... something I never thought about before unless I was in the city... something so silly right? But now I feel like my lesson is to tell other ladies as well not to do this, that they are at risk of getting their bag stolen. I am so sorry, I know how you feel... especially about the picture...

#16 EDSROSA

• 510 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 06:12 PM

Oh I am soo sorry to hear this happened to you.

#17 Gr8ful

• 155 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:06 PM

UGH -- I am sorry this happened to you. I had a brand-new Kate Spade wallet stolen from me years ago (on a plane!), and get this, the person sent back my credit cards and receipts (good thing b/c I was on a business trip at the time) and of course kept the cash and the wallet. So weird. I also had a car broken into years ago in Memphis -- they took a watermelon that my grandma gave to me (which upset me more than anything else).

You just feel so violated when something like this happens, not to mention the irritation of having to replace everything. I'm especially sorry about the photograph -- that is the worst part of this situation. But you do have cherished memories, and thankfully nobody can steal those from you.

Don't beat yourself up about it. It wasn't your fault, and I hope the person who did this will get his / her own.

Hang in there!!

#18 Geralyn

• 2,677 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:18 PM

So sorry this happened to you...I can just imagine how terrible it must be to go through replacing all of that stuff

#19 starchild

• Moderators
                  • 26,161 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:18 PM

Oh wow this is awful!! Miracles happen, maybe someone will find something that they can trace back to you somehow. Thieves aren't sentimental, they'll just take what is profitable and dump the rest so maybe if luck is on your side some stuff will turn up. Good luck and I'm sorry

#20 Preciousmi811

• 342 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:32 PM

So sorry to hear. I got broken into as well before and I understand the whole violated feeling. My car was stolen and returned full of used needles and drug paraphernalia. I was so disturbed and wondered how people could be so cruel. I believe in karma and trust me they will have to own up to what they did one day. In the meantime have your girls help you shop for the lost goods and make it a bonding experience. Stay strong!
                      One Love

ClubHotel Riu Negril May 14 2010 wedding date. Anyone want to share a photographer? I am flying my photographer out regardless, if you want to split travel cost let me know!!!!

Password: 12345http://gs105.photobu....are_email_albuhttp://tickers.Ticke...m/ezt...b2f9...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users