Photo

I need Help!! Did Anyone choose Parsols over Bouquets for Bridesmaids?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
  • 5,078 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 02:49 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by *Nadine*
    Ah crap jamie! I was just going to ask you about your bouquets turning into centerpeices b/c thats what I was thinking! I have 7 girls so i think it would be too much having 7 parasols at the front. And 7 bouquets costs an arm and a leg, so if anything I was thinking of them going into 7 vases on our 7 tables at the reception-and obviously mine on our table. hmm. I'll have to think about this as well.
    I have 7 girls as well... I don't know if having that many parasols will look weird. I just don't want to spend that much $$$ on bouquets! I would be interested to see your pics if you do decide to have parasols.

#32 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
    • 5,466 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:00 PM

ah! Thanks Autumn! Im glad you have seen it done before. I have seen it done at a head table before but not all tables. not like it matters, we are in mexico :)

Diana - I wont be doing parasols for sure.. I just think its too much

#33 brandynd

brandynd
      • 221 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 05:10 PM

I'm doing parasols for my girls! Seems like a waste of money to buy all those flowers when they can't be brought back into the states, and if I buy them real touch they'll spend forever on a shelf somewhere. If you're looking for inexpensive parasols the knot sells them cheap.
        There is no better gift that can be given than the gift of ones self.

#34 smith3576

smith3576
        • 290 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:43 PM

I wasn't sure about the parasols - sometimes I like the pictures of them and sometimes I don't. But my BM LOVED LOVED them. And they are so much cheaper. So I figured, why not? They might not keep them open during the ceremony - I'll have to see how it looks. I will still use my bouquet for the centerpiece - otherwise I am using tissue flowers, which actually goes more with the rest of our decor. Sounds weird, but it looks cool. I think. I hope.

I think it's a matter of preference and cost, etc. but I really don't think it's tacky to use the bouquets in your centerpieces. I doubt anyone would even notice. I was IN a wedding where we did that and I didn't notice.
          We're married! Jamie

#35 vdaybride

vdaybride
          • 1,412 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 10:21 PM

Thank you for this post, I posted one a while back, and got no responses..lol Great ideas ladies. I was parasols for a while now. Nice to get other thoughts on the subject.
            Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#36 snoopAsh

snoopAsh
            • 400 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:41 AM

I am doing the parasols for my four bridesmaids! :) they are excited too! :)
              http://i682.photobuc....curb/th_55.jpg
              May 29, 2010
              Cancun, Mexico

#37 Lady_Di

Lady_Di
              • 5,078 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:27 PM

i changed my mind...i am going to do fake flowers for my BMs...i think having parasols will be too much...i am having 7 girls!

#38 jennifer769405

jennifer769405
                • 152 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 05:21 PM

I LOVE the idea of parasols vs the bouquets! I would not have thought of that had I not read this thread. Now that's what I want to use for the BMs:)

Thanks for the great info ladies!!

#39 trobin01

trobin01
                  • 203 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:38 PM

I love the idea of parasols too. But apparently the flowers at my resort are beautiful. So now I am thinking of splurging on the flowers for the girls and then using them for decor later- but getting parasols for pictures. The photos with them are so much fun.

#40 clfaidl2

clfaidl2
                    • 333 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 02:00 PM

i think its a good idea. Parasols are so cute in pictures. I already ordered real touch flowers, but might buy parasols for pictures!
                      ~Christina~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users