I need Help!! Did Anyone choose Parsols over Bouquets for Bridesmaids?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Soon2beWed09

• 319 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:07 PM

I ask this question because I recentally got into a car accident(I'm ok) but I totaled my car and need to buy a new one, and still want to have my destination wedding so I'm trying to see where I can cut corners with the budget. I wanted to know if I put my girls in Parasols and but my Jr bridesmaid (8 yrs old) as a flower girl will that look ok. I will still have my Bouquet though (it's my wedding lol). Any suggestions please help!!!

#2 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
    • 18,452 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:13 PM

a lot of girls did. def check out foxytv's wedding review with her pics. i know Alyssa had them too, maybe just for pics but you can see pics at least so check her review out also.
      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#3 roo66

• 1,001 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:17 PM

hi,if you saw my review of the weddings i saw at the bahia principie on my list of dos i wrote i would have parasols for all the girls.So in my opinion i WOULD loose the flowers and bring in the parasolsx hope that helps

#4 boscobel

• VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:18 PM

If you do a search for parasols, you get lots of returns.

#5 BillysBride

• 1,255 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 09:35 PM

I'm doing parasols for my girls, and a bouquet and parasol for me (I'll only use my parasol for pics after the ceremony). It shaved a nice chunk off our budget and so far the girls really dig the idea if for no other reason than keeping the sun off of them:)

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
            http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

#6 keilag

• 190 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:16 PM

I am going to do them as well

#7 *Meagan*

• 5,521 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:44 PM

Im doing paper fans and maybe parisols!

#8 Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 6,368 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:45 PM

No bouquets here other than mine. Parasols all the way! Saved a ton and looked great!

#9 ashey063009

• 604 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:48 PM

I think parasols are a great idea, and talk about functional, too! They will stay cooler that way, and it will undoubtedly look great. :) try the search function, lots of the girls have used cute parasols. You could even try the FS threads-- maybe there are some for sale.

#10 sunstarsmoon

• 2,233 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:01 PM

I am planning on using parasols for the MOH and bridesmaid, I will use the free flowers that come with my package also I will have a parasol for pictures
                      July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users