Jump to content

Photo

Jamaica Riu Brides


  • Please log in to reply
448 replies to this topic

#341 junebride2b

junebride2b
  • Newbie
  • 81 posts

    Posted 09 November 2007 - 10:44 PM

    Thanks...that does help..after a couple days of partying we will definetly be ready for the romantic week for our honeymoon..so Sandals Dunn River will be nice..

    #342 PrecisePlans

    PrecisePlans
    • Member
    • 802 posts

      Posted 09 November 2007 - 11:29 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Heidi
      I have a question about the most important part of this whole experience... the actual marriage ceremony!!

      -Will we meet the minister prior to the wedding day?
      -Can we specify what we want minister to say?
      -Can we add readings, sand ceremonies, etc?
      -Can we say whatever vows we want?

      Just wondering if anybody had any answers about this topic! Maybe Jerzzygirl will have some insight!
      Heidi, those are great questions. Hopefully Jerzzygirl can chime in on this one.

      #343 Jerzzygirl

      Jerzzygirl
      • Jr. Member
      • 203 posts

        Posted 10 November 2007 - 01:12 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by md_ocr
        Heidi, those are great questions. Hopefully Jerzzygirl can chime in on this one.
        Sure Heidi, these are easy questions....lol

        1. Yes you can meet with him prior, Chandlyn sets this up. But I would email her before you go to make an appointment with him.She actually emailed me to tell me this when I asked who the Minister would be. We did not set up an appointment but we did meet him 2 days prior to our wedding. He was finished with a wedding and when he walked away we went over and introduced ourselves. It was very nice meeting him prior!!

        2. We did not write our own vows, we just wanted the "religious" ceremony, but we wanted him to finish with " I now pronounce you man and wife in this no problem island of Jamaica,mon" Chandlyn said he does say that, but she still wrote it down to just make sure, she did ask if there was anything special we wanted him to say.

        3. Yes, you can add readings just tell her at your meeting. We did write our own sand ceremony vows, and Reverend Anderson read them, It was really beautiful!!

        If anyone knows how or where I could upload a short video that I have from the wedding let me know and I will post a link. I was thinking maybe you tube?? Hope this info helps.....

        #344 jmhein

        jmhein
        • Member
        • 665 posts

          Posted 12 November 2007 - 05:00 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Jerzzygirl
          Sure Heidi, these are easy questions....lol

          1. Yes you can meet with him prior, Chandlyn sets this up. But I would email her before you go to make an appointment with him.She actually emailed me to tell me this when I asked who the Minister would be. We did not set up an appointment but we did meet him 2 days prior to our wedding. He was finished with a wedding and when he walked away we went over and introduced ourselves. It was very nice meeting him prior!!

          2. We did not write our own vows, we just wanted the "religious" ceremony, but we wanted him to finish with " I now pronounce you man and wife in this no problem island of Jamaica,mon" Chandlyn said he does say that, but she still wrote it down to just make sure, she did ask if there was anything special we wanted him to say.

          3. Yes, you can add readings just tell her at your meeting. We did write our own sand ceremony vows, and Reverend Anderson read them, It was really beautiful!!

          If anyone knows how or where I could upload a short video that I have from the wedding let me know and I will post a link. I was thinking maybe you tube?? Hope this info helps.....
          VERY helpful Jerzzygirl! Thanks!
          I hope we get to see your video, that would be great!!! I think UTube would work but maybe some other girls would have more insight...
          ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23


          My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

          #345 Heidi

          Heidi
          • Sr. Member
          • 2,642 posts

            Posted 12 November 2007 - 05:08 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Jerzzygirl
            Sure Heidi, these are easy questions....lol

            1. Yes you can meet with him prior, Chandlyn sets this up. But I would email her before you go to make an appointment with him.She actually emailed me to tell me this when I asked who the Minister would be. We did not set up an appointment but we did meet him 2 days prior to our wedding. He was finished with a wedding and when he walked away we went over and introduced ourselves. It was very nice meeting him prior!!

            2. We did not write our own vows, we just wanted the "religious" ceremony, but we wanted him to finish with " I now pronounce you man and wife in this no problem island of Jamaica,mon" Chandlyn said he does say that, but she still wrote it down to just make sure, she did ask if there was anything special we wanted him to say.

            3. Yes, you can add readings just tell her at your meeting. We did write our own sand ceremony vows, and Reverend Anderson read them, It was really beautiful!!

            If anyone knows how or where I could upload a short video that I have from the wedding let me know and I will post a link. I was thinking maybe you tube?? Hope this info helps.....
            THANK YOU for your responses!

            I think youtube has a limit on how long the video can be (less than 10 mins I think)
            Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

            #346 drhubby

            drhubby
            • Newbie
            • 21 posts

              Posted 12 November 2007 - 09:13 PM

              Hi everyone,

              Ok this is what I've found out so far. Firstly, Lees Tours is amazing -i've been online with Norma for 3 days aranging group outings and transport to and from the hotel (you can get all your guests to the hotel on an airconditioned bus with red stripe and rum punch for 20$ a person - i think it's a great way to welcome everyone!). Second, anyone with my fabulous problem of getting married at 1 and having a reception at 7 who's worried about dying of boredom - Lees tours can book you a private little boat cruise. it's pricey but it'll be a great surprise for everyone (and maybe keep the party going a little longer...).
              Thirdly, i've seen a few people on here getting married same day as me (Feb 15, 200 have any of you booked the disco from 9-11? If you have and are worried about the "empty" feeling we could always pool wedding parties and share the disco, it'd cut down on costs and could be fun!! (well, i'd love to do it at any rate so if you are interested please email me at helotkat@hotmail.com, we have about 20 people going and i'm sure we could each do our own first dances and what have you...).
              Other than that, still waiting to hear back from Chandlyn about my other questions but hey 3 months and 4 days to go! WOOO!

              #347 drhubby

              drhubby
              • Newbie
              • 21 posts

                Posted 12 November 2007 - 09:26 PM

                Oh !! And anyone living in Toronto without a dress I bought mine at Windsor bridal last weekend and SAVED A FORTUNE!! (ie I paid 600$ for a designer dress and even better, it doesnt need alterations) I REALLY recommend it. I also recommend going in with an idea of what you want cuz theres thousands of dresses!

                #348 DLyteful

                DLyteful
                • Member
                • 879 posts

                  Posted 12 November 2007 - 09:44 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by drhubby
                  Hi everyone,

                  Ok this is what I've found out so far. Firstly, Lees Tours is amazing -i've been online with Norma for 3 days aranging group outings and transport to and from the hotel (you can get all your guests to the hotel on an airconditioned bus with red stripe and rum punch for 20$ a person - i think it's a great way to welcome everyone!). Second, anyone with my fabulous problem of getting married at 1 and having a reception at 7 who's worried about dying of boredom - Lees tours can book you a private little boat cruise. it's pricey but it'll be a great surprise for everyone (and maybe keep the party going a little longer...).
                  Thirdly, i've seen a few people on here getting married same day as me (Feb 15, 200 have any of you booked the disco from 9-11? If you have and are worried about the "empty" feeling we could always pool wedding parties and share the disco, it'd cut down on costs and could be fun!! (well, i'd love to do it at any rate so if you are interested please email me at helotkat@hotmail.com, we have about 20 people going and i'm sure we could each do our own first dances and what have you...).
                  Other than that, still waiting to hear back from Chandlyn about my other questions but hey 3 months and 4 days to go! WOOO!
                  Thanks for the info! Can you tell us about how much the private boat cruise is? I was considering doing something like that. And do you have a website for Lees tours? I would love to take a look. Thanks!

                  #349 drhubby

                  drhubby
                  • Newbie
                  • 21 posts

                    Posted 13 November 2007 - 11:41 AM

                    Sorry guys, I'm a bit of a post-a-holic right now but i just heard back from chandlyn. here's her responses

                    we are a party of 20 where can we have our "free" reception?
                    We can make arrangements for the dinner reception at the Mammee Bay Steakhouse which will be from 6:30pm -8:30pm.

                    can I change the location of my wedding to the beach gazebo?
                    The beach gazebo is available for your wedding as only one wedding is performed at an given time.

                    where can we do our first dance?
                    This can be done at the gazebo or at dinner as we will be able to provide you with CD player for this.

                    how much is the officiants fees in the free wedding?
                    The cost for the Minister's fee and documentation is US250.00

                    what documentation is necessary to get married?
                    The following documentation is required:

                    Notarized / certified copies of Birth Certificate
                    Notarized / certified copies of divorce papers (If applicable)
                    Notarized / certified copies of death certificate (If applicable)
                    Documents stating name changes (If applicable)
                    Notarized written parental consents (If below 21 years)
                    Notarized copies of driver's licence or passports

                    Documents need to be sent and received at the hotel at least 30 days prior
                    to your wedding day to the following address:

                    Riu Ocho Rios
                    Mammee Bay, St. Ann’s Bay P.O.
                    St Ann
                    JAMAICA

                    can we write our own vows?
                    You may say your own vows.

                    where can we do the rehersal dinner?
                    The rehearsal can be done on the day before the wedding at 5pm. Rehearsal dinner can be arranged for the St. Ann Buffet at 6:30pm.

                    can we have a private bar for the end/beginning of the rehersal dinner?
                    The Beach bar is available for welcome receptions at a cost of US10 per person for the open bar plus cost of entertainment.

                    can we get the disco?
                    The disco is not available for the night of the wedding but is available for the night of the 14th at a cost of US250 from 9pm-11pm and includes DJ and bartender.


                    Regards

                    Chandlyn

                    hope that helps wives-to-be!

                    Kat


                    #350 chicago88

                    chicago88
                    • Member
                    • 699 posts

                      Posted 13 November 2007 - 02:09 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by drhubby
                      Hi everyone,

                      Ok this is what I've found out so far. Firstly, Lees Tours is amazing -i've been online with Norma for 3 days aranging group outings and transport to and from the hotel (you can get all your guests to the hotel on an airconditioned bus with red stripe and rum punch for 20$ a person - i think it's a great way to welcome everyone!). Second, anyone with my fabulous problem of getting married at 1 and having a reception at 7 who's worried about dying of boredom - Lees tours can book you a private little boat cruise. it's pricey but it'll be a great surprise for everyone (and maybe keep the party going a little longer...).
                      Thirdly, i've seen a few people on here getting married same day as me (Feb 15, 200 have any of you booked the disco from 9-11? If you have and are worried about the "empty" feeling we could always pool wedding parties and share the disco, it'd cut down on costs and could be fun!! (well, i'd love to do it at any rate so if you are interested please email me at helotkat@hotmail.com, we have about 20 people going and i'm sure we could each do our own first dances and what have you...).
                      Other than that, still waiting to hear back from Chandlyn about my other questions but hey 3 months and 4 days to go! WOOO!
                      Hey Drhubby-

                      I'm also getting married on Feb. 15th. My wedding is at 4 at the beach gazebo. I'm having about 50 people. My dinner/reception is private at the Plantation restaurant from 6:30 - 10:30. Then we'll probably go to the disco at 11 if we are not completely exhausted!!

                      Can't wait - it'll be here before we know it!!



                      Therese & Jay
                      Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
                      http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users