448 replies to this topic

#261 Spazz

Spazz
  • VIP Member
  • 10,482 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 01:27 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jmhein
    I hope this hasn't been posted somewhere already, but has anyone ever received cake design options from the Riu Ocho Rios? If so, I would love to see them!
    No, I've never seen any...sorry!

#262 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
    • 679 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 01:52 PM

I have a couple pictures that Chadlyn sent me, but I did not find it very helpful. I'm sure they could work with whatever ideas you make have. I don't know what types of cake of frosting they have wither. I still think I am going to get my cake from an outside vendor. Here is what she sent...

This cake is $250.
      Click the image to open in full size.

These are free cakes.
      Brittney & Peter
      July 12, 2008
      Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

#263 jmhein

jmhein
      • 665 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 03:39 PM

Thanks Brittney! The cake's not really a big deal for me, but it would be nice to see some of the free options, some of those are OK...!
        ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#264 Jerzzygirl

Jerzzygirl
        • 203 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 08:03 PM

Now those cakes are not the same as what she sent me for free one offered with the wedding package. I saw somewhere not sure where, 1 layer cake free and 2 layer was 150.00 and 3layer was 250.00 let mefind the pic that she sent me and figure out how to post here.

#265 Jerzzygirl

Jerzzygirl
          • 203 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 08:22 PM

I cant figure out how to post the picture.....sorry I willtry and work on it

#266 chicago88

chicago88
            • 699 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 05:07 PM

I have a picture of the basic cake too and it doesn't look like any of those. I can e-mail to you if you want - I tried to post the pic but it didn't work.

Therese & Jay
              Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
              http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

#267 Msklee

Msklee
              • 21 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 06:46 PM

Your pictures are so nice. Can you send me or post pictures of the reception. I would like to get a general ideal of what the color scheme is. I need to make a decision about buying extra decorations. I saw your wedding pictures on the gazebo that's where I want to have my ceramony. Will I need to have an isle runner or rose petal.? I have so many questions. I'm sorry. I just get so excited!!!!!

#268 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
                • 802 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 03:29 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by BrittneyD
                  I have a couple pictures that Chadlyn sent me, but I did not find it very helpful. I'm sure they could work with whatever ideas you make have. I don't know what types of cake of frosting they have wither. I still think I am going to get my cake from an outside vendor. Here is what she sent...

This cake is $250.

These are free cakes.
                  Hi Brittney,

Is there a cake sampling that we could schedule with Chandlyn? the cakes that i've seen so far for most receptions at the riu were very plain looking. These look a little bit better. I wonder if they will allow us to use an outside vendor.

#269 ashakm

ashakm
                  • 30 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:20 PM

Hello ladies. I am planning a wedding at the RIU ClubHotel in Negril on August 9, 2008. I just got the confirmation email request to go to the site and confirm my date. It is asking me for hotel booking information. Do I actually have to have my rooms booked before I can confirm? It is asking for hotel information. I am still waiting on the travel agent to get packages together and it might be a minute.

#270 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
                    • 679 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 09:17 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by md_ocr
                      Hi Brittney,

Is there a cake sampling that we could schedule with Chandlyn? the cakes that i've seen so far for most receptions at the riu were very plain looking. These look a little bit better. I wonder if they will allow us to use an outside vendor.
                      You can use an outside vendor. That is probably what I will do. As far as a taste testing, you will have to check with Chandalyn. I have not heard of anyone doing this.
                      Brittney & Peter
                      July 12, 2008
                      Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users