Now that we are married I can post our topper....was trying every way possible to not let my now husband see my dress! lol! It's from Mudcards on Etsy. He is a firefighter and I am a nurse so we wanted to combine the two things and add in our pooch! We absolutely loved it and so did everyone else!

Originally Posted by FireyNurse View Post

Now that we are married I can post our topper....was trying every way possible to not let my now husband see my dress! lol! It's from Mudcards on Etsy. He is a firefighter and I am a nurse so we wanted to combine the two things and add in our pooch! We absolutely loved it and so did everyone else!

Aww its adorable! It's funny- I showed my fiance the picture of our sketch and he loved it and then my heart sank and I realized "oh crappers- I just showed him my dress" I didn't make a big deal about it but I asked him about it later and he said he didn't remember what it looked like because he only saw the sketch briefly. At least I realized while it was still a sketch- but that means when the topper arrives, he can't see it.

This topper is so cute. I love how even though they are clay or porcelain, they are realistic looking. I love that so many brides want to incorporate their pooches! My mom is not at all thrilled about that. She has a pretty traditional mindset when it comes to wedding details and she doesn't really like my kitschy side. But these kind of toppers are not only personal and adorable- but they become a keepsake. I love em! 

so funny EV - when my topper came in, I almost showed my (then) FI, and then remembered he hadn't seen the dress!! I can't wait to see how yours turns out. love that you've incorporated your personalities! 

Originally Posted by EVKnowsitall View Post

Aww its adorable! It's funny- I showed my fiance the picture of our sketch and he loved it and then my heart sank and I realized "oh crappers- I just showed him my dress" I didn't make a big deal about it but I asked him about it later and he said he didn't remember what it looked like because he only saw the sketch briefly. At least I realized while it was still a sketch- but that means when the topper arrives, he can't see it.

This topper is so cute. I love how even though they are clay or porcelain, they are realistic looking. I love that so many brides want to incorporate their pooches! My mom is not at all thrilled about that. She has a pretty traditional mindset when it comes to wedding details and she doesn't really like my kitschy side. But these kind of toppers are not only personal and adorable- but they become a keepsake. I love em! 

Originally Posted by proti007 View Post

Omg the sock monkeys take the cake - literally!

Here's ours! It was designed by LollipopWorkshop on Etsy (they were able to customize my dress, my FI's suit, and even added the twine detail to tie in our wedding theme!). Definitely a keepsake :)

image.jpeg

I'd love to give a go at a DIY something like this but I have no idea where to get "heads" like this??  anyone have any ideas?

Just ordered my cake topper!!!! I originally wanted a mudcards topper and to incorporate our dogs but fiancé didn't like them and didn't want to spend that much on a topper. So we came across this topper from figs and ginger. I love it!! And because we are writing out own vows I liked the idea of using the traditional vows in a non traditional way 400

LOVE LOVE all these cake toppers!! I will definitely get mine from Etsy! Thanks for all the ideas!!!