Photo

Dreams Palm Beach?

• Please log in to reply
789 replies to this topic

#651 CCin331

CCin331
  • 106 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 04:06 AM

Sent! You're very welcome girls. It's frustrating that they don't just send the info out without having to ask certain questions. Does anyone know when you start making actual decisions on anything pertaining to your wedding or is it all just when you arrive?

Dreams Palm Beach 7.23.2011 Bride&Groom +40 Booked... http://www.mywedding...rineandmichael/

#652 mandys

mandys
    • 181 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:56 AM

Cin....from what I have gathered, I would say that yes, you make most of your decisions when you arrive.

Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
      April 2012

#653 dreamsmaybride

dreamsmaybride
      • 168 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:01 PM

CC - You can always send your requests and they will make a note on your profile.  I'm leaving on Sat for our May 11th wedding & was sent a spreadsheet last week detailing everything I previously requested and was allotted space to make changes & add extras.  They even had info populated from email exchanges like Pastor Rick York, the name of my outside photographer and had a picture of the cake I requested..

You can pretty much have enerything decided prior to your arrival with the exception of your reception location.  It's too bad they firm up on a 1st come 1st serve basis.  I did inquire about any other weddings booked on my date and was told there is one more however I was the only one to request poolside.

Hope this helps!

Originally Posted by CCin331 View Post

Sent! You're very welcome girls. It's frustrating that they don't just send the info out without having to ask certain questions. Does anyone know when you start making actual decisions on anything pertaining to your wedding or is it all just when you arrive?

#654 jillbu11

jillbu11
        • 48 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:40 PM

Anyone know how when the resort requires the payment for the wedding???

#655 plamento

plamento
          • 21 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:12 PM

jill i am pretty sure that the bill is added on to your stay at the hotel and you will be charged for everything at checkout. I am not 100% positive but i remember reading that somewhere. The only time you pay is if you have outside vendors, the pictures at the hotel may be different to but everything else is after so you are not worrying about it the day of the wedding. hope this helps.

#656 swojdyla

swojdyla
            • 184 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:36 PM

Boy I'm really confused. I'm in punta cana now visitng a bunch of resorts and I just got back from Dreams Palm Beach. They told me (and showed me) a gazebo for the ceremony, a beach wedding for a ceremony and a ballroom for if it rains.  She also said you can only have a beach reception or a ballroom reception if you want it private. They don't offer any private receptions in their resturants except for the buffet resturant but then its a semi private reception. No dj allowed. Did I totally misunderstand this wedding coordinator?

#657 pnavaretta

pnavaretta
              • 15 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:48 PM

Good Luck Sandy!!! Looking forward to your review!! :)

#658 pnavaretta

pnavaretta
                • 15 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:51 PM

Hey CC,

Can you send me the new prices? I get the minimum all the time from my coordinator unless I ask.

Thanks,

Paige

#659 plamento

plamento
                  • 21 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:58 PM

this is true, the reception to be private is extra that is what all the packages are for. if you want to have it at the restaurants and not pay for the dinner then you can not have music and it is just dinner with everyone.  there should be a packet that they can send you that has all this information on it or maybe there website has it under FAQ. i dont remember where i got all this information.  this should be the norm for most resorts even if it is all inclusive, it is always more to have a private party.

Originally Posted by swojdyla 

Boy I'm really confused. I'm in punta cana now visitng a bunch of resorts and I just got back from Dreams Palm Beach. They told me (and showed me) a gazebo for the ceremony, a beach wedding for a ceremony and a ballroom for if it rains.  She also said you can only have a beach reception or a ballroom reception if you want it private. They don't offer any private receptions in their resturants except for the buffet resturant but then its a semi private reception. No dj allowed. Did I totally misunderstand this wedding coordinator?

#660 CCin331

CCin331
                    • 106 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:41 PM

sure, what is your email?

Originally Posted by pnavaretta 

Hey CC,

Can you send me the new prices? I get the minimum all the time from my coordinator unless I ask.

Thanks,

Paige

Dreams Palm Beach 7.23.2011 Bride&Groom +40 Booked... http://www.mywedding...rineandmichael/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users