My TTD Shopping Story with PICS...

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OROBride1008

• 417 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:26 PM

So I went back and forth about if I should wear my wedding dress or not for the TTD session. My mom isn't ablt to go to Jamaica, but she will be coming to our AHR, so I really didn't want to wear my wedding dress for the TTD, so I started looking for another dress.

I wanted something similar to my wedding dress and came accross a halter which is like my wedding dress, of course I didn't have the money at the time to buy it. So I continued to check on it online and after that first time I saw it, it was never available in ivory again. The only colors available were red and blue. I was devestated. I went to Dillards to see if they carry it in the store and they carried Betsey & Adams dresses, but not the ivory halter I was looking for.

I didn't know what to do, so I put it on the back burner for awhile. I came accross a VS catalog and saw a cotton long white halter dress for $39 I decided to get it as I knew if it woudn't work for the TTD that I could wear it to dinner one night. I bought the dress, and loved it. After I tried the dress on I knew I couldn't wear it in the water because it was cotton, but I decided to wear the cotton dress for y AHR since it is more casual and wear my actual wedding dress to trash. I felt good with the decision I made and then...

I happened to be going through my favorite websites and I said, let me delete this since I have it worked out now, but I'll check one last time and what did you know, the dress was available in only ivory and in my size...

I was excited...I just got it today and love it :0)

Sorry for the long story but I wanted you ladies to know that patience is a virtue.

Click the image to open in full size.

#2 ~Nicole~

• 4,512 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:33 PM

Yay!!! Oh wow, what a gorgeous dress!! Great reward for all of your hard work!
      *Formerly Nikki07*
      My Planning Thread

#3 Jacilynda

• 2,777 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:38 PM

YAY! So true! You know I knew exactly what dress you were talking about before i saw the pic!

#4 Butterflyf369

• 706 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 12:31 AM

Awesome, I love happy endings...

#5 lakerbride

• 153 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 01:03 AM

beautiful! great luck on the find!

#6 OROBride1008

• 417 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 09:14 AM

The above pics is a dress from Dillards.

Here is the link to the dress from VS.

Victoria's Secret - Halter maxi Bra Top dress

#7 MrsGin09

• 44 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:37 PM

loooove the dress...i would wear as my wedding dress! lol it looks great on you and it will look so great during the TTD pics!

#8 jk1101

• 2,582 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:30 AM

That is a great dress - patience is important. I wish I had more of it!

#9 mrsrhbtobe

• 387 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:49 AM

Great dress! I love the detail at the waist. Plus, the flowy style will look great in the water:) The VS dress will be so fun to throw on while you're in Jamaica too. Good picks!
                    Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end.

#10 H&F

• 361 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:03 AM

That's a great story! I'm so glad you found what you wanted!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users