• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 ashey063009

ashey063009
  • 604 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 01:23 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by smith3576
    Does anyone have any thoughts on using a travel mug vs using just a larger plastic cup? We found a great deal on them ($2 for 8 for a large plastic cup) but they don't have a lid or a handle. Has anyone used just cups and not actual travel mugs? Are the lids and handles really necessary? Thanks!
    We went with a larger (18oz) plastic cup. Although I agree with Jackobelle in that they won't keep the drinks cold, I think people appreciate having more room for booze. lol

Something to consider would be the cheaper large plastic cups with Koozies that fit on them-- that was it is still cheap, but they stay a little more insulated.

#32 jetsbride

jetsbride
    • 794 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 09:22 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by ashey063009
      We went with a larger (18oz) plastic cup. Although I agree with Jackobelle in that they won't keep the drinks cold, I think people appreciate having more room for booze. lol

Something to consider would be the cheaper large plastic cups with Koozies that fit on them-- that was it is still cheap, but they stay a little more insulated.
      Where did you find your mugs?

#33 sunnyee

sunnyee
      • 112 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 03:54 PM

We have used a label maker and it has worked well. You can use the person's real name or a nick name...wedding date...personal message...whatever.

We also have purchased party straws...the resort does not use them and we like to sip our slushy drinks instead of tipping the cup.

Love the other ideas ladies! So creative!!

#34 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
        • 2,287 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 11:45 AM

great ideas ladies! i never thought of this! lol

#35 MexicoBeachBride2010

MexicoBeachBride2010
          • 280 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:39 PM

Charm idea is great! Where are you girls buying the mugs? I only need 35 and it seems alot of sites have min. quantities!

#36 marny61

marny61
            • 165 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:46 PM

I am having the same issue with the mugs - we only need 20! Any ideas? I love the charm idea.

#37 ashey063009

ashey063009
              • 604 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:58 PM

DH and I made custom 18 oz stadium cups for everyone-- we used large sparkly scrapbook stickers for the girls and permanent black letter for the boys. When we arrived we decorated them all with foam stickers of the beach-- too cute!

Anyway-- the foam stickers and the "permanent" black stickers stuck through pools, liquor spills, dishwashers-- you name it they stuck!

Purple didn't last the plane ride in. :)

My word of advice (and a cheap / easy solution) USE FOAM STICKERS!

#38 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
                • 2,287 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 07:17 AM

Great Ash!! where did you buy your cups?

#39 ashey063009

ashey063009
                  • 604 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:53 AM

We actually bought them in two-packs from the Dollorama her in Calgary for $1.50/pk. They were AWESOME all week! I will post pics asap. Our guests LOVED them and they were everywhere-- even on night after the wedding. lol

#40 lolosmama

lolosmama
                    • 232 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 09:43 AM

Thanks for the ideas, I never thought about putting the guests names on the cups!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users