19 replies to this topic

#11 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
  • Moderators
  • 25,218 posts
  • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 15 May 2009 - 04:51 PM

we went sea-dfw on one airline and then dfw-sjd on AA and we got upgraded on the AA segment. I'm sure it was more due to the light load than the dress tho.

and take this on good authority, just because not as many people are traveling to Mexico right now does not mean there will be loads of open seats. most of the airlines have gone to a revised Mexico summer schedule involving smaller aircraft with a reduced flight schedule. so even tho the number of passengers total is less, there are less flights and less seats to get them there, so the flights are more crowded.

#12 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 04:51 PM

Its really nice on long flights cause your seat lays down into a bed you can plug your laptop in etc

#13 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
    • 2,777 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 04:54 PM

In regards to Abs comments some of the BDW girls have even been put on standby do to airlines reducing flights and aircraft size. Although from what I know of Delta they haven't moved to smaller aircraft but have cut down their flights to one flight a day.

#14 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
      • VIP Member
      • 4,791 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 05:03 PM

I don't even know if our plane to PVR and back has 1st class ~ would be a super nice bonus though!! We are riding AA with FI's Dad who has Elite status with them though. I'll be extra sweet to the gate attendant, thanks for that tip

~ Jaime & Martin ~
        "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#15 hanna

hanna
        • 223 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 05:11 PM

Good post, hadn't even thought about this, but we are getting to the airport early so we will make sure to see about getting on the waitlist! Would be a nice perk :)

#16 foxytv

foxytv
          • VIP Member
          • 7,740 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 07:20 AM

We flew US Air and were not offered an upgrade at check-in, so DH paid the $100/ea to have us upgraded. We were not first to board so there was no place to hang my dress, but I laid it on the top in a compartment after everyone put in their luggage and it traveled beautifully.

Turns out, our only other guests on that flight were also in First Class and we were in the same row as them, opposite aisle, so it worked out perfect! And the extra $100/ea to upgrade was worth it - although free would have certainly been better, lol.

#17 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 04:12 PM

i was, but it was because hubby and i both were platinum elite since we travel so much. my guess is that we wouldn't have otherwise, unless there was a really friendly gate agent.

#18 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 16 May 2009 - 11:38 PM

i was going to say the same thing as ann...you have a better chance being upgraded if you have a special membership status with the airline than if you were getting married, on honeymoon etc.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#19 GracieBebe

GracieBebe
              • 354 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 12:55 PM

I found this website through tripadvisor where it shows you were your seats are, how big your airplane is and what class your seat is (1st, business, coach, etc.) and what type of closets the airplane has. You just need to know your airlines and flight #. Hope it helps all of you!

Airline Seating Charts - Best Airplane Seats - SeatGuru
                - Grace
                Location - Chateau de Challain, Challain la Potherie, France
                Engagement Date - Sept. 6, 2008
                Wedding Date - Sept. 9, 2009
                Our Pro wedding photo website:http://fanelliweddin....l&startIndex=0Our wedding planning website:http://www.mywedding...graceandmichael

#20 Married_In_Maui

Married_In_Maui
                • 929 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:12 PM

Grace,

Thanks for that website; I just found out we are in crappy seats for a 9 hour flight, so I am off to request other seats. Thanks again - it's a very helpful site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users