Ceremony location

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#11 AmyInMI

• 547 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 02:46 PM

I would say either the beach or the gazebo on the beach. It depends on if you want some shade or not.
    Amy & Aaron
    May 10, 2008
    Dreams Tulum, Riviera Maya, Mexico

#12 tvt

• VIP Member
    • 4,812 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 02:50 PM

I voted beach. I know you've said you and FI are pretty outdoorsy/active people so I think the beach would be fitting for the two of you!

#13 tvt

• VIP Member
      • 4,812 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 05:01 PM

So has anything been decided??

#14 soulmates

• 538 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 05:26 PM

I like the gazebo on the beach!!

#15 LadyP

• 3,156 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 05:45 PM

I love the gazebo on the beach.

#16 MikkiStreak

• VIP Member
            • 2,347 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 06:49 PM

I personally like the beach. But, if you do choose the gazebo, make sure that if you are using a resort photographer, ask specifically to see photos of the gazebo weddings this person has done recently. The reason is because the majority of the work I've seen in the resort photographers (regardless of country) are basic snapshots---- and even in good lighting situations, I've seen things like the person not cropping people out of the background, etc... and where gazebo's are concerned, I've seen photos where the bottom half of the bride is washed out completely (no detail in her dress, etc...) and the top half is too dark because of the shadow lines from the sun. Make sure you have confidence that if you're using the resort photog, they know enough about photography to read light appropriately...

#17 Nrvsbride

• 5,248 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 09:32 PM

Heidi I like the gazebo on the beach but I agree about the whole shading thing. However if you have a great photog that probably won't be a problem. But I do also think that DR has such great beaches that you should just do your ceremony on the sunny open beach. After all you will have your whole reception to be in the somewhat shaded area.

#18 dragonfly

• 1,820 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 04:34 AM

I like the beach. I don't like the flower arch thing though, I love simplicity, and all I think that is needed is the beautiful backdrop of the Ocean. How many are coming to your wedding?

#19 MluvsB

• 6 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:20 PM

I absolutely LOVE the beach.....so that's what I vote! I can't wait to get married barefoot on the beach! Well, I say barefoot, but I found these "thong shoes" that I'm going to wear...here's a pic:

Click the image to open in full size.

I'll still get to dig my toes in the sand!!!

#20 Spazz

• VIP Member
                    • 10,482 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 10:51 PM

I vote for the beach!!!! It looks so pretty!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users