#321 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 12,151 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:27 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CaboBride2010
    I thought I would mention that I have read this on many many news sources today and just saw on the evening news, that pretty much all insurance companies in Canada and the States will NOT cover anything to do with this swine flu if you go to Mexico after the notice to not travel unless it is necessary travel to Mexico was put into place two days ago. So just keep in mind if you do go to Mexico still, that your insurance will do absolutely nothing if God forbid someone does get sick.

I am not trying to scare people, I just think as much as this may be a hyped up disease, that this is just another thing to keep in mind.
    that is ridiculous and is like saying they won't cover you for lung cancer if you smoked despite the warning labels on cigarette packs. i find it hard to believe. could you please post a link to at least one reliable source where you've seen this?

#322 CaboBride2010

CaboBride2010
    • Banned
    • 248 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:29 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by mummergirl
      that is ridiculous and is like saying they won't cover you for lung cancer if you smoked despite the warning labels on cigarette packs. i find it hard to believe. could you please post a link to at least one reliable source where you've seen this?
      I will try find the link, I was reading about it this morning and just saw it on the news now...let me try look. It is kind of ridiculous, but insurance companies sometimes make stupid decisions. ok I am off to find a link to this

#323 MarieSam

MarieSam
      • VIP Member
      • 2,336 posts
        • LocationSouthern California

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:25 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by drtracy
        Thanks MarieSam ~ while I know this is a public relations tool so it should be taken with a grain of salt I know that many of my guests are reassured by the fact that there have been no cases in Cancun.
        I can't wait to just be there and have my first Pina Colada!

Yes def. consider they are trying not to lose business as tourism is of course the area's main source of income, so they are trying to keep people from bailing on vacays. But let's all hope the Roo remains unaffected.

A pina sounds good! But geez after all this unnecessary stress, I think I'd need something stronger, a couple of shots perhaps!!!!

Oh and another thing I've been keeping an eye on are the two maps that track possible and confirmed cases worldwide. Here are those links:

http://maps.google.c....C25.488281&z=5

Swine flu map - Wall Street Journal

#324 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 12,151 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:26 PM

ajs, your fiance is the sweetest.

jaimelynne, your friend mentioned she could tell you which masks were best ... has she? i'm looking for ones that are not only effective, but that also will photograph well in bright sunlight, LOL! (ok come on, anyone who doesn't take advantage of that photo op is crazy. we will all remember this for the rest of our lives, and the true story of our weddings wouldn't be complete without a nod to the swine flu. i'm actually considering a pig bride and groom cake topper now! LOL)

#325 CaboBride2010

CaboBride2010
          • Banned
          • 248 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:39 PM

I cant seem to find it right now, there are so many articles about swine flu out that its crazy to try find one about the insurance companies, but I am not making it up, it was on the news and was said by a top health official in Canada.

#326 drtracy

drtracy
            • 436 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:43 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by mummergirl
              ajs, your fiance is the sweetest.

jaimelynne, your friend mentioned she could tell you which masks were best ... has she? i'm looking for ones that are not only effective, but that also will photograph well in bright sunlight, LOL! (ok come on, anyone who doesn't take advantage of that photo op is crazy. we will all remember this for the rest of our lives, and the true story of our weddings wouldn't be complete without a nod to the swine flu. i'm actually considering a pig bride and groom cake topper now! LOL)
              Oh my laughs Lisa, I love you (whoops, is it too soon). I was thinking of something similar, maybe some nice pics of us all washing our hands together, miming a cough while everyone backs away... so many possibilities.

BTW ~Some countries are being affected differently b/c they have universal health care or a different health care systems.... As we remember that there are many people on here from different countries. :)
              In the US insurance companies can't "choose" to arbitrarily stop covering you for something without notice. If you have out of network coverage you have it unless they expressly tell you that they are removing the coverage from your benefits package. They still cover you when you engage in an illegal activity and get hurt (i.e. a DUI that results in an accident)...

#327 Kara&Ryan

Kara&Ryan
              • 44 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:44 PM

My wedding was just canceled. Actually canceled. I cant even think right now
                [SIGPIC]Kara & Ryan
                May 20, 2009
                Iberostar Rose Hall Beach
                Jamaica[/SIGPIC]

#328 jax_the_beach_bride

jax_the_beach_bride
                • 475 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:49 PM

kara im so sorry to hear that... will u be able to do it somewhere else?

Mr. & Mrs. Reid
                  All my life, I prayed for someone like you... and I thank God that I finally found you!

http://tickers.Ticke....7116/event.png

#329 Kara&Ryan

Kara&Ryan
                  • 44 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:52 PM

not sure yet. we have to stay with the same vacation company, sunquest... they seem to be booked for at least 2 months. this really sucks
                    [SIGPIC]Kara & Ryan
                    May 20, 2009
                    Iberostar Rose Hall Beach
                    Jamaica[/SIGPIC]

#330 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 12,151 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:54 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by drtracy
                      Oh my laughs Lisa, I love you (whoops, is it too soon). I was thinking of something similar, maybe some nice pics of us all washing our hands together, miming a cough while everyone backs away... so many possibilities.

BTW ~Some countries are being affected differently b/c they have universal health care or a different health care systems.... As we remember that there are many people on here from different countries. :)
                      In the US insurance companies can't "choose" to arbitrarily stop covering you for something without notice. If you have out of network coverage you have it unless they expressly tell you that they are removing the coverage from your benefits package. They still cover you when you engage in an illegal activity and get hurt (i.e. a DUI that results in an accident)...
                      exactly what i was thinking, but cabobride said in canada AND the US. although i can totally see not covering us IN mexico as a possibility. i guess i should look into that with my provider.

glad i could provide a few laughs. i was really strong until today (i guess because i didn't think there was any way i'd be effected with my wedding still a whole month away), but i kinda unraveled today and needed to laugh badly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users