Photo

***TTD (Trash the Dress) Thread - please post all of your questions here!

• Please log in to reply
441 replies to this topic

#21 SDbeachgirl

SDbeachgirl
  • 393 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 10:07 PM

I finally just figured out what TTD means! Ha! I have a question, as I am knew to this whole wedding planning thing. Do brides usually buy 2 dresses so that they can trash one of them? When do these photos take place? I love the one with the bride and groom in the water!

#22 kari

kari
    • 55 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:41 AM

Im also curious about this!!

#23 ~Jessica~

~Jessica~
      • Banned
      • 3,479 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:00 PM

TTD normally happens a day or two after the wedding. I am doing it the day after. I know some brides on here use the same dress to do the TTD but most end up getting two dresses, one for your actual day and then a much cheaper dress for the TTD session. When you book your photographer just talk with him/her about the options you have with the TTD session. Hope this helps!

#24 BillysBride

BillysBride
        • 1,255 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:08 PM

Tons and tons of threads on TTD's, how your gown fares afterward and whether or not you can/should use your actual wedding gown! To my knowledge, I'd say the bulk of the brides on the forum do indeed use their actual wedding dress.

Check these to start:

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t41334
          http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t41576
          Savannah

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
          http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

#25 Butterflyf369

Butterflyf369
          • 706 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:37 PM

There was also a thread from a photographer that noted the best type of dress fabric for the TTD.

#26 kari

kari
            • 55 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 01:44 AM

Thanks for all the info!!!

#27 marise

marise
              • 179 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:14 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Butterflyf369
                There was also a thread from a photographer that noted the best type of dress fabric for the TTD.
                Can anyone post a link to this thread please? I did a search and didn't come up with anything. I have a chiffon dress and i'm not too concerned about what it looks like after the TTD shoot, but I do want to know how it holds up during the shoot. Thanks ladies.

#28 amberlynne87

amberlynne87
                • 148 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 03:42 PM

I cannot wait to to my TTD session!!! But, I might be getting another dress simply because my wedding dress is so delicate I'm afraid it might get permanently ruined. Of course if it gets dirty there's nothing a dry cleaner can't get out. Who knows. I would really like to wear my actual wedding dress for the session but I don't want to ruin it!

#29 Aneliese26

Aneliese26
                  • 23 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:39 PM

Hi everyone, Im new to the TTD, its not very well known in the UK, I love the idea though. The photos i've seen of these are gorgeous. Do you do the TTD photos the same day as the wedding or would you get the photographer to came back another day for them?

xxx

#30 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
                    • Vendor
                    • 2,782 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 05:29 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Aneliese26
                      Hi everyone, Im new to the TTD, its not very well known in the UK, I love the idea though. The photos i've seen of these are gorgeous. Do you do the TTD photos the same day as the wedding or would you get the photographer to came back another day for them?

xxx
                      Sometimes it's on the same day,but more often a day after. This way you don't have to be afraid of ruining it.
                      Trash the dress doesn't mean you have to go into the water. You can also go into the town, walk on the beach,etc.
                      If you do go into the salty water, I would suggest for you to at least rinse your dress with tap water afterward, as salt destroys fabric,rubber,metal,etc.

Something like this can still be a lot of fun and elegant
                      Click the image to open in full size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users