***TTD (Trash the Dress) Thread - please post all of your questions here!

• Please log in to reply
441 replies to this topic

#111 dawnkyeknod

• 303 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 11:58 AM

I have noticed a lot of people on here that get 2 dresses - one for the ceremony and 1 less formal dress for the TTD from J crew or ebay or something. I have also read on here that the dress really doesnt get "trashed" - it is just sand and water and gets almost completely clean by rinsing it out or getting it cleaned.
    With that being said, this is my second marriage and I can honestly say that my other wedding dress just sat in the basement and collected dust... there really is no need to keep it . In my opinion, the photos with you wearing it are better than keeping the dress all beautiful in a box.... If I trash the dress , I am trashing the dress I think you ladies have convinced me to do it

#112 ashey063009

• 604 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 02:50 PM

Do it! Do it! Do it!

My ABSOLUTE favorite photos came from our TTD-- it was my favorite day of the WHOLE wedding! (yup, ceremony included. lol)

#113 gettinghitched2010

• 158 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:19 AM

I am getting a second dress. Is it crazy if I get this red dress for it. My wedding dress is Oyster color.

Click the image to open in full size.

#114 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
        • 1,634 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 03:47 AM

Hey all

We are doing a ttd session, as we weren't going to have a party back home on our return, so i wasn't worried about it at all - as i wasn't planning on bringing the dress back.

But no we are toying with the idea of having a party when we come back - so i'm looking for some advice. My dress is costing me over $2900 - its my dream dress, so i'm not prepared to spend more money on 2nd dress. Sooo, my dress is silk - from past ttd'ers - will a silk dress clean up as new after the ttd session?! Or should I just forget it?! Luckily i'm not too bothered if you say no chance, as its not life or death that we have the party when we come back!

#115 beachbum

• 351 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:03 PM

My two cents is, if you like it, do it! You're the bride!

#116 KittenHeart

• 3,103 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:23 PM

It's definitely unique and fun! I'd love to see your pictures.

#117 amynjoe

• 178 posts
              • Wedding Date:February 25, 2010
              • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Palace, Riviera Maya

Posted 16 August 2009 - 06:13 PM

we are having the same dilema, I do have a 2nd dress, but can't decide when to have our ttd session. Thanks for posting

#118 dinogomez.com

• 5,705 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 08:48 PM

I have to say that TTD is one of the things I enjoy photographing the most and the couples can really enjoy it with all the "stress" from the wedding day behind. I have to say YES TTD!

#119 YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 5,369 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jo&Daz 20-10-2010

Yeal - I love your TTD photos, they are so classy and beautiful shots of the two of you.
                  awww thanks so much!!!

I really think you should consider doing them - u can do it any way you want and feel most comfortable!

#120 YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 5,369 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by juliez79
                    Yael, I loved your pictures! Especially the with the both of you on the bench! Beautiful pictures!
                    Thank you Julie!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users