How did you come up with your wedding date

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#11 **TIFFANY**

• 343 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:43 PM

We didn't want to go to Mexico during the really hot summer months and wanted to wait until after hurrican season so we decided on November. Then I realized that if we had the wedding on the 14th we would get there the Wednesday before, we could stay with our guests for the first week and then do our honeymoon the second week and still be back for Thanksgiving. Well when we decided to book we thought what the heck we don't really need to be home for Thanksgiving so we're staying 3 extra days and coming home the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We'll still have Sunday to unpack and get ready for work on Monday.

#12 blushingbride

• 366 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 11:50 AM

We knew we wanted to get married either March, April, or May as it would give us enough time to save; plus those are the best months to get married in DR. We really wanted March but the resort had those dates booked when I first submitted the request. It was also important for us to have a Friday or Saturday, because of both our jobs, so when the WC told me our date was available, we immediately jumped on it! So, it worked out!

#13 Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez

Soon To Be Mrs. Gomez
      • 1,326 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:07 PM

Our wedding day coincides with the date of our very first date back in 2004.

#14 GregsBride

• 333 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 12:58 PM

We picked our dates based mainly around the weather, we didn't want to do it during hurricane season or when it was too hot in Jamaica. We also tried to ensure that it was during low season so that the prices were lower for our guests.

#15 SgtPepperette

• 1,225 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:02 PM

Our wedding date will be our 9th anniversary. But guess how we picked our annivesary date? We didnt know when we officially became boyfriend/girlfriend, so its the first day we slept together. LOL

#16 YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,369 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:09 PM

We knew we wanted May since it was in the "low season" - prices were the cheapest (other then hurricane season) which I couldn't risk. We choose the 8th because it we wanted it as early as possible in May and not have our guests pay April rates (way more expensive) which they would have if we did the first weekend in May. We choose a Friday b/c we assumed most ppl will flying home on a Sunday and wanted our guests to relax on the day after the wedding instead of rush back home

#17 tguerre

• 78 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:28 PM

My fiance has always wanted a May wedding. He likes the idea of everything turning green and the tulips blooming in spring. I'm not picky. His birthday is May 15th so based on the availability and cost of the beach house we picked Friday, May 8th.
                34 Confirmed flights!!
                1 day til Florida!!
                7 days til the wedding!!

#18 2bebridejamaica

• 1,206 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:28 PM

For us, we were engaged on Dec 8 2007 and both knew that we wanted it to be in less than 12 month thing or very close. We orig planned a local wedding on Dec 20th because I wanted to have a fairytale christmas wedding with my flower girl being an angel.. LOL.Silly silly me .. new england and snow at christmas.... Well that all changed by the middle of Jan and immediately we were on the DW route, with that being said .. a big holiday was out as everyone on Jays side is in healthcare or in the FD/PD with unions... no one gets vacas. Then I started to look at dates and under the International calendar our date looks like this 08-Nov-08. That was it ... it was our date ... 11 months after we got engaged.

#19 Sammygurlj

• 165 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 02:40 PM

The date of our legal marriage is the anniversary of the day he proposed and our wedding will be on the anniversary of the day we "officially" became a couple. We didn't purposely do this it just happened that we picked a month to do it and it happened to be the same month as those things so we picked those dates.

#20 sunstarsmoon

• 2,233 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 04:16 PM

we picked what will be our 5th anniversary of our 1st date
                      July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users