How did you come up with your wedding date

momx2

Hi Ladies,

Just wondering how you came up with the date of your wedding. I am ready to pull the trigger on my date, but I wanted to get input on how others came up with there special date.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we knew we wanted later in the year in Mexico since we didn't want it to be too hot like it is in the summer time...and then from there we found the wedding coordinator we wanted to use and hotel - and they had only two dates available. We ended up deciding on Thanksgiving weekend since it was a long weekend and everyone had off....now people can come down before or even after Thanksgiving and make it to our Saturday wedding...so far so good!

Good luck!

Our date has no significance whatsoever. I was so excited after we got engaged, and you know 5 seconds after you tell someone that you're engaged they ask you when the date is, so I wanted to pick one ASAP.

FI and I were at a gas station in Virginia Beach while on a trip, waiting for his oil to be changed, and we went through the entire calendar, making sure we were avoiding any holidays, people's birthdays and hurricane season.

Not a very romantic location, but I was very excited, and he took a picture of me to commemorate.

Click the image to open in full size.

Mine is different too!! We went to beaches boscobel in Ochos Rios, Jamaica last may for vacation. While we were there they asked if we wanted to book our vacation for next year. We said sure. Several people had told us Beaches Turks and Caicos had awesome diving, so we went ahead and booked our vacation for May 2009. Well my FI finally proposed to me this last summer in Aug on my Bday weekend, and the first thing I thought about was Beaches does free weddings!!! So, I called the wedding department and they said the first day available of our vacation was May 7th and then the only time available that day was 11am.

Michelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseykitten View Post
Our date has no significance whatsoever. I was so excited after we got engaged, and you know 5 seconds after you tell someone that you're engaged they ask you when the date is, so I wanted to pick one ASAP.

[/img]
That's pretty much what I did too! I wanted it to be this year, after the hot season, not in the middle of hurricane season, and before the holidays so we decided Nov. 2 met the criteria.

It is nice to know that I am not the only one who somewhat randomly picked their date.

I have not officially booked my date, but for now I decided on 10/10/10. Based on the info that I found on the forum I discovered that May and October were the best times to go to Turks and Caicos for the resort I am looking into. I decided against May because I will just I will have just come back from maternity a few months before and will need additional time to get into hard core planning. Once I narrowed it down to October I realized the whole 10/10/10 combo and thought it would be really cool.

Well, this is how I thought up my wedding date. I thought of the people that were a MUST at my wedding

Mom: Is an accountant.. can not go in tax time

Dad: Can go anytime

Brother: Can not get time off at beginning of 2010 because Olympics are in Vancouver and his work needs him, and he can not get Christmas off in 2010

BFF: In Dentistry school in Manchester

And I did not want my wedding in the summer time

So we chose November and a friday and the 12th of 2010 happened to be that date!